Pakistani Indian marriage in Dubai

Forum rules
Please use the UAE classifieds forum to post ads for jobs, items wanted or for sale, etc.

Pakistani Indian marriage in Dubai

Postby kiran Jalal » 16 Jun 2009, 12:04

Asalam Alaikum to all,
i am a house wife in Dubai under my husband sponsorship we are from pakistan Muslim & my only brother is working in a reputed company. My question is :
1 - can he marry an Indian Muslim girl in Dubai?
2- The girl will be coming on transit visa of 14 days with her parents also on transit visa is court marriage possible on transit visa? because after marraige soon my brother will sponsor her wife visa & he also have a 2-bed hall flat in sharjah?
3- do we have to take an appointment first or register early or directly go for marriage?means do we have to take an appointment from the court?
rest of the paper work and formalities we will manage but still can you guide us where to start the procedure?
i will be very grateful to you all who so ever will answer to me.Thank you.
kiran Jalal
backpacker

Re: Pakistani Indian marriage in Dubai

Postby shawarma » 16 Jun 2009, 13:57

Hello KJ and welcome to the Dubai forums :).

1. As far as I know, if both man and woman are Muslim then they can get married in Dubai (non-Muslims and mixed religion marriages are also possible, except if woman is Muslim and man is not).
2. I think both parties need to have a residence visa but check with Pakistani or Indian embassy, or Dubai marriage court.
3. I think you need to visit either Pakistan or India embassy first, then go to Dubai marriage court to get marriage certified.

More here - getting married in Dubai :).
Please use the forum for questions, not the PM system.
shawarma

Re: Pakistani Indian marriage in Dubai

Postby kiran Jalal » 16 Jun 2009, 16:30

Thank you so much to guide me i will soon contact these both embassies & i am sure they will tell me the whole exact procedures which will be very fine for us. Thank you once again.
kiran Jalal
backpacker

Return to Residents and visitors UAE