Employment visa Dubai after overstay

Visit visas, work permits, residency visas Abu Dhabi, Dubai, UAE etc. Can I work on a visit visa? Who pays for my work permit? How long is my tourist visa valid for? More ...
Forum rules
Please add a follow up post if you have a question and find an answer. It will help other readers. Thanks :). Links: Visa Dubai | Dubai immigration | UAE immigration | Property visa Dubai |

Employment visa Dubai after overstay

Postby mdriaza » 23 Aug 2009, 00:48

Hi,

Its me again. i just wanted to know if i were to overstay my visa, can i still get an employment visa after finding a job. Does overstaying stop me from getting any other visa afterwards. what if i were to start my own business after i overstayed can i still get residency for me and the family?

Thanks again for your help.

Riaz
mdriaza
visitor

Dubai visa overstay penalties

Postby shawarma » 23 Aug 2009, 16:35

No, usually overstaying a visa just results in a fine when you exit the country, and/or try and apply for a different visa. Charge for overstaying Dubai visit visas and tourist visas is AED 100 plus AED 100 per day (or possibly 200 dhs - I haven't been able to confirm if there has been an increase or not).

There's also a grace period of a few days sometimes so if your one or two days past the expiry you might not get fined (I can't guarantee that though). Check with the DNRD about the grace period (and anything else to do with visas and immigration).
Please use the forum for questions, not the PM system.
shawarma

Re: Employment visa Dubai after overstay

Postby Yancy12 » 20 Dec 2010, 10:41

Hi! I have same situation like you. My visit visa is valid until Dec. 26, 2010, but i already signed an employment contract. Our PRO give me 2 options, 2 go back to my origin or to overstay. My 6 month ban will expire on January 7, 2011 and my working visa will be applied on January 9, 2011.

Going back home is fine with me, but we all know for this month of December airfare ticket to Philippines is too costly, and i can't afford to buy it and 2nd thing is, its too hard to exit Philippines having working visa to get this OEC at POEA.

If i will go for overstaying i will just pay fine of 100 AED per day and will only cost me 1,500 until my working visa will be released.

Is there anyone who could give me an advice?

Thanks and Best Regards,
Yancy12

Return to Visas and work permits for the UAE