Visa cancellation UAE & entry into other GCC country

Visit visas, work permits, residency visas Abu Dhabi, Dubai, UAE etc. Can I work on a visit visa? Who pays for my work permit? How long is my tourist visa valid for? More ...
Forum rules
Please add a follow up post if you have a question and find an answer. It will help other readers. Thanks :). Links: Visa Dubai | Dubai immigration | UAE immigration | Property visa Dubai |

Visa cancellation UAE & entry into other GCC country

Postby sameer » 23 Aug 2009, 21:31

Asak Shawarma

Impressed with the work u r doing for the community. I'm a regular reader of ur forums but regsitered now to solve my query.

I lived in uae for 8 years and unlike others spoiled myself in expenses on credit cards and loans. Now, I've a family problem back home and couldn't not return ot uae. I've already resigned and asked my company to cancel my visa. will they cancel my visa? I've a loan from a local bank and authorised them to transfer my gratuity amount to bank to clear my loan but I dont think its sufficient.

Now, is it possible that I can go to other gcc country in future if I've a case in dubai? As, it will not be possible for me to come back to dubai, as they will detain me.

Please repond at the earliet.

Thanx
Sameer
sameer
backpacker

GCC entry if case in UAE

Postby shawarma » 24 Aug 2009, 14:09

Hello sameer, thanks for the feedback and welcome to the UAE visa forums :).

1. A company is not supposed to refuse a request to cancel a UAE visa. If there's a problem then you should contact either the UAE residence department or the UAE labour department. Or both.

2. As part of the visa cancellation process, a company will usually notify your bank, and the bank will then quite likely freeze your accounts if there are outstanding liabilities, until any debts are cleared. If you don't clear your debts, you won't get a clearance letter from the bank for your company, and that will hold up the visa cancellation process.

3. Correct that you will probably be detained at airport either coming or going if there's a case against you. If it's an outstanding visa or labour department issue that has resulted in an immigration ban, then you will probably be deported. If it's a criminal case because of outstanding debts, then you will probably be handed over to the police.

4. I don't know about other GCC countries, it seems to vary randomly whether you have any problems or not. My best guess is that outstanding visa issues seem to be more of a problem than bad debts but don't take that as definitive.
Please use the forum for questions, not the PM system.
shawarma

Re: Visa cancellation UAE & entry into other GCC country

Postby sameer » 24 Aug 2009, 16:08

ASAK Shawarma

Thanks for your early & informative reply. I've spoken to my HR and they advised me to deposit company assets like uniform, ID card, health card and other accesories and they will transfer my service benefits to bank.

Really appreciate your help.

Thanks again and God Bless you.

Sameer!
sameer
backpacker

Postby sameer » 24 Aug 2009, 16:11

Hi again Shawarma

Forgot to ask u, if bank loan is not cleared, the company cannot cancel my visa? Anyhow, all my gratuity is being transfered to them.

Please let me know on this.

Regards,
Sameer
sameer
backpacker

Bank loan clearance and UAE visa cancellation

Postby shawarma » 24 Aug 2009, 17:27

That depends on the company. If you have an outstanding bank loan, the bank won't give you a clearance letter, or if they do it will say that you have outstanding debts. What happens then depends on whether the company is happy to go ahead with the visa cancellation if you don't give them a bank clearance letter.
shawarma

Postby sameer » 24 Aug 2009, 18:59

Hi Again Shawarma.

I hope I'm not taking a lot of ur time. I'm not in dubai now and will the bank still not allow my company to cancel the visa? What difference does it make for the bank if they keep my visa active?

All I need from the company now is a service letter which is important for me to obtain a good job in similar field.

Regards,
Sameer.
sameer
backpacker

UAE visa cancellation and bank account

Postby shawarma » 24 Aug 2009, 19:23

The bank doesn't decide whether or not your visa gets cancelled. All they do is provide a statement that you don't have any outstanding liabilities. It's up to the company to decide what to do about your visa cancellation if you don't provide the letter from the bank. In some cases, a company might not even ask for one, each employer is different with their internal visa cancellation process so I can't speak for them I'm afraid. You'd have to ask them.

It probably doesn't make any difference to the bank whether you keep your current visa or get it transferred. Of course, if your visa is cancelled, they are interested because it might mean you will leave the UAE and if you have any debts, they will be worried that you might not repay them. Banks in Dubai (and anywhere else) are interested in two things. Getting money from you if you have any so they can lend it to other people, and getting their money back plus extra if they lend it to you :).
shawarma

Postby sameer » 25 Aug 2009, 16:15

You're right Shawarma, I checked with my company and they said, they will cancel the visa and transfer my gratuity to the bank, but for that they need my passport to process my cancellation.

Its illegal in India to send a passport with somebody else and courier companies do not accept passports.

Is there any other way to cancel my visa? Its risky to send my passport with somebody travelling to dubai.

Regards,
Sameer.
sameer
backpacker

Visa cancellation UAE without passport

Postby shawarma » 25 Aug 2009, 18:46

My understanding was that a sponsor at least needed the employee's passport to cancel the visa, but the DNRD website lists a procedure that indicates cancellation without the original passport is possible: "Cancellation of residence permits of persons who are outside UAE"

The company needs a copy of your passport and evidence that you have left the country (along with the usual trade licence and other documents they need when processing a visa application). Check with the DNRD if that is still possible (and let us know what they say :)).
shawarma

Postby sameer » 25 Aug 2009, 19:25

Hi Shawarma

Below is an extract to help other readers too from DNRD which I read earlier and informed my company, they said they wil check n get back to me. I hope this works out. But, a clause which I've highlighted says residence permit expiry, does that mean 06months residing outside country?

Cancellation of residence permits of persons who are outside UAE

This involves a description of procedures of Naturalization and Residency Administration/Dubai to cancel residence permits of persons who are staying outside UAE, and which will be carried out without the expatriate person's passport.(cancellation of an employment permit of a worker who is outside UAE)
Required Documents:
Required documents to cancel a residence permit without the sponsored person's passport:
Copy of the sponsored person's passport or departure list provided that the residence permit has expired. Sponsor's passport copy
Two (2) copies of cancellation application
Required documents for cancellation of residence (employment) permit issued by Naturalization and Residency Administration and Ministry of Labour without the sponsored person's passport:
Two (2) copies of application to cancel a residence (employment) permit issued for a person by Ministry of Labour, when the residence permit has expired.
If the sponsored person holds a residence (employment) permit issued by Naturalization and Residency Administration, his residence permit will be cancelled by Naturalization and Residency Administration/Dubai.
Copy of the establishment card.
Copy of the commercial license if his residence (employment) permit is issued by Naturalization and Residence Administration.
List of departures list issued by Cancellation Unit if his residence (employment) permit is issued by Naturalization and Residency Administration.

Fees & Collection
AED 120 for cancellation when a person is outside UAE.

I just need to cancel my visa at the earliest to receive a service letter to start a new job back home.

Regards,
Sameer
sameer
backpacker

Visa cancellation after residence visa expiry

Postby shawarma » 25 Aug 2009, 21:52

Yes, I was wondering about that line, it's a bit confusing. It seems to say you might have to wait until your residence visa expires before you can get your visa cancelled if you're not in the country. Hopefully your company will get some clearer information from the DNRD.
shawarma

Postby sameer » 26 Aug 2009, 15:22

Bad news for me Shawarma.

My company says, it was possible earlier to cancel visa without the sponsored persons passport but after the recession around the globe and most of people left dubai with huge loans and cars abandoned at airport, DNRD is no longer cancelling visas without residents passport.

Now, my situation is I cannot cancel my visa and wait until I complete my six months period. I've asked them if they could do something to get me a service letter so that I can get a suitable job in same field. Otherwise, I'll have to opt a new field and start all over again and work really hard to save my sons life. Pray for him please.

Regards,
Sameer.
sameer
backpacker

DNRD visa cancellation

Postby shawarma » 26 Aug 2009, 15:52

Sorry to hear that :(. It still might be worth checking directly with the DNRD yourself. It's odd to hear the comment about thousands of people leaving and abandoned cars at the airport supposedly coming from a government department, when the DNRD was releasing figures this year to say that the population of Dubai was still increasing.
shawarma

Postby sameer » 31 Aug 2009, 22:23

Hi Shawarma

Just an update, my company HR asked me send my PP so that she can cancel my visa and send my PP back. I checked with her and she confirmed that bank cannot stop the comany in cancelling my visa and assured me that there wont be any problem with my PP.

Next day, she rang up to me like an angel and said please don't send ur passport for cancellation as immigration will hold my PP coz the bank has already registered a case against me for dues. She said, its ok to keep my PP with me and let the visa get automatically expired after six months. She will help me in obtaining an experience certificate to find a suitable field job in my home coutry.

My company has been supportive in my bad times and has expressed their concern about my childs health. They said, once my baby is ok and in future if I would like to join back, they will help me out.

God bless my company to reach high!

Regards,
Sameer.
sameer
backpacker

UAE visa cancellation after 6 months

Postby shawarma » 01 Sep 2009, 08:34

Ok, thanks for the update and best wishes for your son's recovery :).
shawarma

Postby Rohat » 16 Sep 2009, 03:03

Hi friend,
Its a big problem i have faced already but there is a solution also .one friend help me to solving this problem now i am in Dubai and enjoing life.
Rohat
visitor

Postby sameer » 24 Dec 2009, 14:47

As Salaam Alaikum Shawarma

My recent few months were really busy due to surgery of son. Alhumdulillah he's fine and is recovering slowly. My confusion over migrating to another GCC state is resolved and my discussion here at DS helped me alot.

My VISA automatically expired after staying away for more than six months out of UAE. Now, I'm in another GCC country and found no ban on my name.

Thanx
Sameer.
sameer
backpacker

UAE to GCC visa expiry

Postby shawarma » 06 Jan 2010, 10:34

Thanks for the update sameer and good to hear things have worked out :).
shawarma

Finish contract and release of Passport

Postby yahya » 25 Apr 2011, 13:50

Could you Give me Advise how to get my passport into my previous Employer?

I applied to another company and Iwas advised to submit my cancellation letter with my passport but my previous employer does not want to release it unless I pay 3000 dirhams without any valid reason. Will you please advise me what is the best solution I could do to this problem
yahya

Postby lucy » 14 Jun 2011, 23:22

I have a similar situation and need a bit of clarification regarding the bank side of things, the visa has been cancelled today by my previous company/sponsor but they have not request as part of the cancellation process a clearance letter from my bank. I have two accounts with two different banks with outstanding credit cards and car loan however, I will be returning mid July to start a new job. I will be keeping any installments owing up to date whilst out of the UAE. will the fact that my visa has been cancelled have any impact on my bank accounts or cause me any problems at the airport? please advise as soon as possible.
lucy

Postby Dona » 02 Aug 2011, 16:40

Hello,

My resident visa was canceled an year ago and then after I did enter Dubai twice as a tourist. Currently I'm not in Dubai.
My question is, if someone, residing in Dubai has interest that I'm not in the country, can he make a complaint to the immigration department, which can lead to a ban or that I won't be able to obtain another tourist or resident visa in the future?
And also, is it possible that the tour agency that issue the tourist visa 6 months ago, can file a complaint or my former employer, if the resident visa was canceled an year ago?

Thank you in advance!
Dona

Postby Balo » 07 Aug 2011, 18:19

I left Dubai in 2007 because my father had a kidney problem and needed my attention since I am the only child. He finally died and I lost my job with my Dubai company but had some unpaid loans and now want to go back to any part of the UAE to work and pay the loans. My passport expired in July 2009.

Would I have problem with immigration if I want to go back to UAE to work since I want to go back and work to pay for the loans.

Thank you.

Balo
Balo

Postby Sandeep459 » 13 Dec 2011, 21:06

lucy wrote:will the fact that my visa has been cancelled have any impact on my bank accounts or cause me any problems at the airport? please advise as soon as possible.

Lucy, How are you. I am also in a similar situation as of yours..i will be exiting the county in December last week of 2011 and will be coming by Jan 2012. Did you had any problem while exiting the country as you said above, please share your experience this matter...as it will be helpful for others....Thanks in advance

Sandeep
Sandeep459

Return to Visas and work permits for the UAE