I read the reviews of SCN and management and would like to give my honest opinion of SCN which is solely based on our experience with SCN and the staff for almost 2 years.
1) SCN offers fantastic flexibility of timings, You may keep your child until 7 PM ( well obvisouly parents must spend max time with teh chld after nursery hours but this can be one of the arrangements for shorter period)
2) SCN fee is justified, Not very expensive for the facility and schooling they offer, Not top line though.
3) Learning - This one really depends on the child, my son almost refused going to school every day for 9 months, but we knew it had to do with his nature so we continued and he was very happy to go to school later.
4) SCN Owner attitude to Parents - At times Unacceptable and rude, if you are tolerant you can survive. The principal might treat parents rudely and has many strict rules ( read "No Budge"rules) Most annoying to us was to bring a medical certificate every time the child is absent from nursery to prove he was not sick. Understood that this is to keep other children safe ( I was shocked to know from principal that there are parents who send children even when the child is sick , well then this is justified to good extent)
5) Money oriented - Not really, the only money that was charged to us was which was mentioned as fee, nothing extra. Sometimes we experienced the management asking to pay cash and they would return the cheque , due to a cash shortage. The cheques were returned and no extra cash charged. So my opinion is that SCN is not greedy at all. You get teh service for money.
6) Staff - Courteous, I bet except the principal you wont find any staff who is rude, I think parnets should excuse the principal strictness which translate to stern talk which in turn sounds rude for the reasons of child safety and attention , which is her priority, Infact our first opinion was that because the principal is "strict"our child is safe. Be tolerant guys , have you ever managed a Nursery with mixed nationality staff , and instruct them to provide the best for child safety,
7) Bus service - Rarely any issues, but most recently .The principal terminated a bus vendor contract for bad service, We dropped our child ( usually late) but return bus service to home was good mostly.
Overall - SCN is a good nursery, I advise to observe child behaviour for few months, if he/she says "No school" every day even after that then you might want to try a different Nursery, Also if you notice the SCN review has complaints that are against the Owner Lady and not necessarily the entire nursery, so its better to have an open talk at the beginning with the lady to understand the "Rules" . Trust me you wont like messing with the rules of the Monarchy.
All the best, and happy parenting!