Marriage in Dubai for Indian not divorced yet

Forum rules
Please use the UAE classifieds forum to post ads for jobs, items wanted or for sale, etc.

Marriage in Dubai for Indian not divorced yet

Postby Vanita9 » 24 Sep 2009, 16:48

Hi,

What if a person is married in India and has not been divorced yet, can he get married to a Indian girl in Dubai,
without/before getting divorced. If yes what will the procedure for this and how soon can it happen.

I need to know this very urgently.
Vanita9
visitor

How many wives in Dubai?

Postby shawarma » 24 Sep 2009, 17:17

Hello vanita and welcome to the Dubai forums :).

As far as I know, a Muslim male is allowed up to 4 wives (not sure if they all have to be Muslim) in Dubai. I don't know if this applies only to Emirati citizens or other nationalities also.

A Muslim female can only have one husband, who must be Muslim if getting married in Dubai.

In other cases in the UAE, a person is only allowed to have one spouse, and must be single, divorced, or widowed before getting married.

See Marriage in Dubai for more information, and/or check with the Indian embassy in Abu Dhabi or consulate in Dubai.
Please use the forum for questions, not the PM system.
shawarma

Re: Marriage in Dubai for Indian not divorced yet

Postby Vanita9 » 25 Sep 2009, 08:46

Hi,

Thanks for the reply wat if the person is not a muslim fellow can it b possible to get married in dubai...if the 1st m,arriage is conducted in India can the 2nd one be conducted in dubai.

Also. wat if the ex wife is staying away from from the husband from past one year..but divorce has not happened yet is there
a solution to this.
Vanita9
visitor

Marriage rules in Dubai

Postby shawarma » 25 Sep 2009, 12:56

1. Non-Muslim males can get married in Dubai but not to females who are Muslim, unless the groom converts to Islam.
2. Check with the Dubai Marriage Court if you can have a second wife in that situation. I think the answer is probably no, definitely no if both parties are non-Muslim.
3. Depends what solution is wanted. If reconciliation is desired then talk to wife/family/counselor. If divorce is desired then talk to a lawyer/Indian embassy/marriage court.
shawarma

Re: Marriage in Dubai for Indian not divorced yet

Postby Vanita9 » 26 Sep 2009, 14:53

Hi,

Thanks for the reply...My only concern is He want to get married at the earliest however as i have been married in India
He cant do a second marriage in India though his family is supporting for the second marriage.

So it possible that he can get married to another girl who is again a Indian resident.

So is there a way that while he gets divorced he can marry and take his life further.
Vanita9
visitor

Married when not divorced

Postby shawarma » 26 Sep 2009, 22:55

1. Check with the Dubai Marriage Court and/or Indian embassy or consulate if you can take a second wife. My understanding is that only Muslim males can have more than one wife, and there might a restriction on nationality.
2. Not as far as I know but again, check with the Dubai Marriage Court and/or Indian consulate.
shawarma

Return to Residents and visitors UAE