Wanted in Dubai by Interpol for bank debts

Forum rules
Please use the UAE classifieds forum to post ads for jobs, items wanted or for sale, etc.

Postby saira786 » 02 Oct 2009, 01:54

I urgently need his help. I have left dubai after being made redundant in june 2009 and moved back to the UK. I have left significant debt behind with my bank....including personal loan, car loan and mortgage...and the bank has reported me to the interpol.

i dont know what to do? can you or friend plz help me?

does anyone have any friends in interpol who can clear my name.

thanks
s
saira786
visitor

Re: Entry to UAE if blacklisted in other GCC states

Postby alic » 02 Oct 2009, 04:13

I dont think anyone can buy into the interpol. Im sorry.

But Im surprised @ this. How do you know you are wanted @ the interpol. If you know you are, Im sure you wd ve been already picked up.
I have a mate who fled with close to 400K AED from Dubai (from different banks) and he is back in Australlia. He then even travelled frequently and he claims he is ok.

Why is your case different? Besides, banks cant file to the interpol. Its the UAE govt who has to file to iterpol. Just out of curiosity, how much have you defaulted? is it all from one bank? when did u leave uae? do you have over a Milllion Dhs in debt?

if banks gave all defaulters from uae to the interpol, then interpol wont have time for anything else. why is ur case different?

I hope you find an outcome. Sorry cant be of much help/ better consult a lawyer.
alic
traveler

Wanted by InterP and others....

Postby alic » 02 Oct 2009, 04:57

Just wanted to add:

1) How sure are you about the interpol thing? I just cant beleive it. They wont be involved in Finance, until and unless it involved Financial frauds like - atm frauds, counterfeiting, laundering, finance to aid terro##ts etc.

Go on, use an anonymous browser and visit: http://www.interpol.int/Public/Wanted/Search/Form.asp
Many parameters to choose from .... so check and see you are listed there. This site is updated by the hour

2) You wont be extradited back from the UK to the UAE for bank defaults. (Simon Ford, the owner of Blue Banana.com left UAE to the UK leaving millions behind to banks & individuals .... so if the banks and the law enforcement folks wants him, they can just have him sent to the UAE, right? SInce He even made a public apology and told the whole world he is back in the Uk) Maybe all bank defaulters should do a public apology as well' and then no one would bother them

I recently had a conversation with a good mate working @ the DXB Immigration Cops @ a senior post. He told me 50% of the bank defaulters can still work in other GCC states, due to the restricted information sharing across borders. He gave me detailed insight into how and what goes on. PM me if you need info on that, as I dont want to post it online.
alic
traveler

Clearing bank debts in the UAE

Postby shawarma » 02 Oct 2009, 10:55

Hello saira and welcome to the Dubai forum :).

If you want to clear your name, whether it's Interpol that wants you, or the Dubai Police, you should contact the bank that you owe money to and try to arrange a debt repayment schedule. A bank in Dubai is usually more interested in getting their money back than seeing customers in jail. Well, they should be anyway, although based on some of the stories you hear, it looks the other way around sometimes. Nevertheless, you don't have much choice.

Thanks for the replies alic. Yes, that makes sense to me too. I would have thought Interpol concentrated on criminal activity of international significance rather than local crimes, especially as whilst bouncing a cheque is a crime in the UAE, it's not regarded so harshly in many other countries...

... However, I just did a search of the Interpol website and I got 200 results for "red notices" which I think is what is issued when UAE Police notify Interpol that someone is wanted by them. I clicked on 10 random results, 9 of them were wanted for "Fraud", which in the UAE could mean bouncing a check AFAIK. I don't know if a "red notice" means Interpol actively start investigating the case though.
Please use the forum for questions, not the PM system.
shawarma

Re: Wanted in Dubai by Interpol for bank debts

Postby alic » 02 Oct 2009, 14:29

Hey Shawarma,

The red notice is the most serious notice of all the notices. I did a search and I also did see those notices issued by the UAE for Fraud. But I know for a fact that these are not for bank defaults, but instead for financial frauds and that too it has to be quite a massive amount. In the right sense it means : Deception carried out for the purpose of achieving personal gain while causing injury to another party - Tampering of Financial documents, misappropriating massive amounts, Frauds related to shares and ofcourse ATM frauds (the most common).

In theory, defaulting bank payments does cause injury to the bank - but unlike the other frauds , the money that was lent are all secured by the bank. The banks know the risk factor involved when giving out a loan. The norm to deal with defaults in the global banking world (and in UAE) is that , after a period of time ( 1 yr to 2) they file for the insurance and they get back a large part of the principle amount thats outstanding and at the year end, they write off the balance as bad debt. BUT, the police case they have initiated against an individual does not go away. Though the bank stops chasing you eventually, the case remains open. Its like a bait, thats waiting for you for so many years.

My advice to Saira is that, until and unless you have not fled with millions, you are safe if you stay in the UK. The interpol has much important things to do than chase bank defaulters. But if your financial issues in the UAE is much serious and if you have been really informed to the Intrpol, then get a lawyer and try to come to terms with the bank. Afterall, the bank only needs their money back .

Till its all resolved, dont ever come back or even visit the UAE or maybe in the GCC.

Goodluck
alic
traveler

Postby Anvarsha JUBAIL CITY SAUDIARABIA » 21 Apr 2011, 14:39

Dear Saira,

No Need to worry saira... As many people said, dont even think to come to UAE but you may travel to other GCC/Arab countries.
Earn good money in UK and settle in India.

I visited the website of Interpol and they listed so many people for the charges like terrorism, theft and drug trafficking only. If interpol decided to take the cases of BANK DEFAULTERS they cant built such a big jail.

Bank Default is a common issue for the common public people. Bank Defaults Someone is purposely doing but someone pushed to the trouble when they loose the job suddenly. We dont know you belongs to which category. Now you cant sleep and eat properly also ?. Isnt it?... Always try to be genuine everywhere....

Owning a two wheeler is better than owning a AUDI car as a Bank defaulter..

In India, relocate your house...and live happily.. god bless you...
Anvarsha JUBAIL CITY SAUDIARABIA

Postby a_dubai_resident » 23 Apr 2011, 12:58

I'm in a same boat. Struggling to pay my debts.

Knowing that my income has dropped, I spoke with banks in the UAE to reduce installment and increased tenure, they simply refused to agree. There is enormous pressure on me.

I went to the police for help, I said to police that I see my checks to bounce if the banks do not support me, I would like to restructure my loan, so I can pay small money every month. The police said they cannot help me in any way. They will wait till my cheque get bounced and someone complain against me, after that they can help me to pay money by keeping my passport in police custody. They have no interest to support me or help me till situation get worst and there is police case against me.

I spoke to a legal consultant (expert in finance matters), he said run away from country. He said don’t even spend a day; I said I have spent more than decade in this country I was part of the growth, now I want to be part of downfall. I am not solely responsible of my current condition, as I was doing great during the boom not because I had talent to boom but I was part of the boom wave, similarly today I am struggling because of downfall, recession, whatever you call it. I want to be here and want to pay every penny, I just need some time. Consultant replied that UAE doesn’t have any such law to help you. He said if it was UK or US, you could have still reached to settlement but not here. Run or suffer, it’s your choice.

I am in dilemma, I want to pay back my dues, I am sure I can do that I just need some time, on other hand I see no support from bank, police or lawmakers. I am not worried in landing into jail, but I am worried that if such thing happens, I will have to carry burden of non-payment for lifetime because landing in jail will stop my earning. My wife is in great pressure too, at this moment we are fighting with situation, and are hopeful that we will not take any decision which will be shame on humanity.
a_dubai_resident

Postby Paul Mathew » 25 Apr 2011, 11:53

April - 2011

Rak Bank and ADCB are sending off the Inter Pol after credit card holders who are not able to pay off their cards. This frenzy has started months ago and proves the weakness and lack of regulation in the commercial banking industry in the U.A.E.

Mastercard and Visa holders are banned from travelling because their banks such as RAK Bank and ADCB are chasing them with the Interpol. How damaging is this to the reputation of Mastercard and Visa?

People are calling to settle and find a solution to payback and those two banks are insisting on teaching them a lesson. any card amount of 50k AED or more is being pursued by the Inter Pol said a RAK Bank official.

Where is the UAE Government from this circus, the world functions in a different manner.
Paul Mathew

Postby tom » 12 May 2011, 04:47

How do you know that rak bank and adcb are doing this?
tom

Postby banker » 21 Jul 2011, 12:11

banks usually take a security cheque from thier clients against the loans they give. if the cheque bounces due to lack of funds the uae law treats it as a criminal offence. it is considered fraud, regardless of the reason or circumctanses. sadly once a fraud judgment is passed, due to reasons that would be completely out of your control a red notice is then posted on the interpol for your arrest.
Most developed countries have stop debtors jail a very long time ago, so if your residing in the UK for example you should not be worried about extradtion to the uae. however travelling outside europe could be a hassle as you would be stopped at every immigration point.
banker

Postby MAHESH » 25 Jul 2011, 09:40

i was working in dubai and had debt with me when i left.I was paying monthly due frm other country and for 4 months i was not able t pya and then Understand from my friend i had police case filed against me and then i spoke to bank and they ask me to settle the loan and the legal fee which i did after settlement bank gave clearance letter addressing to the police station and my friend submitted the letter to police station in turn police said they will delete my name from defaulters list in their system but didnt give any acknowledgement.Can some one advise me if its ok and whether i can travel to dubai again without any hastle
MAHESH

Re: Wanted by InterP and others....

Postby legendary » 13 Aug 2011, 13:08

Hi Alic
I want to know can A UAE loan deafaulter of AED 40k can work in other GCC countries? please tell me as much information you can give me?
legendary

Postby R » 29 Aug 2011, 13:48

Hi, I need some advice too on the bank default matter, I left dubai about 3 years back, had a loan from Emirates bank and now I have received an email from some legal firm saying that if I do not settle the outstanding they will report me to interpol, inform my embassy and circulate my name to all the airports in the world.

I like to know from someone here if this can really be done in the manner notified to me and what are the consequences, if someone is unable to settle this matter through repaying due to their current financial state.

I look forwrad to a genuine advice from someone who knows about this.

Thanks

R
R

Postby emmo » 31 Aug 2011, 15:10

MAHESH wrote:Can some one advise me if its ok and whether i can travel to dubai again without any hastle

dear mahesh ,
send the same friend to police who cleared the case after letter from back , and check ur status of the same case if done then no worry or else u have to have a copy of clearance by the time u enter to dubai in case if u stil wanted then can help that copy to take u out of wanted system
emmo

Postby emmo » 31 Aug 2011, 15:15

R wrote:Hi, I need some advice too on the bank default matter, I left dubai about 3 years back, had a loan from Emirates bank and now I have received an email from some legal firm saying that if I do not settle the outstanding they will report me to interpol, inform my embassy and circulate my name to all the airports in the world.

well dear it depends how much u took loan form the bank if its .. only in thousands its fine and the legal notice is the duty of advocates to make u scare interpol can not take case unless its not huge amount… and the bank maximum can make two case one cheque which is security or civil case no more so maximum u will get sentance from 1 month to 5 months and stil u have a chance to appeal to minimize ur sentance or may the judge fine u if the amount is less and free you and another good news is that after criminal case the bank can not make civil case on loan basis so feel free and do ur life as u wanted..
regards
emmo

Postby emmo » 31 Aug 2011, 15:18

saira786 wrote:I urgently need his help. I have left dubai after being made redundant in june 2009 and moved back to the UK. I have left significant debt behind with my bank....including personal loan, car loan and mortgage...and the bank has reported me to the interpol.

well sara ur at the place where all rights for human works, so i guess they mortgage they have ur apartment or villa as security they cant take u behind bar and loans if its more then milion might gonna caught you through interpol but u stil have a right in uk to fight the case by staying in UK and according to Uk law they cant hand over u unless they not sure ur real criminal so find a advocate and folow up its kind a easy for u now
emmo

Re Wanted in Dubai by Interpol for bank debts

Postby ad » 01 Sep 2011, 00:32

hi

ia have ban in uae regards credit cards and loans, now i have got my visit visa OTHER Gcc , iam planing to travel next month , i wanted to ask wether there will be problem for entry to OTHER Gcc bcos iam scared wether bank can ban all Gcc . please help to me .........
ad

Re: Wanted by InterP and others....

Postby wanted » 01 Sep 2011, 06:18

sir, i have to pay around 45k to the uae banks and my cheque bounced around 600000.00 dirhams. i left uae 2 years before. is it possible for me to travel or work in some other gcc contries
wanted

please help...

Postby ad » 01 Sep 2011, 10:06

i have ban in uae regards credit cards and loans (total of less than 90000 dhs from diffrent banks),i left uae 2009 sept and now i have got my visit visa OTHER Gcc , iam planing to travel next month , i wanted to ask wether there will be problem for entry to OTHER Gcc bcos iam scared wether bank can ban all Gcc . please help to me .........please sum1 help me
ad

Postby Trouble » 04 Sep 2011, 14:56

Dear Emmo

thanks for your reply, can the civil case filed by the bank in UAE catch up with you in other countries as well, what if you never plan to go back to dubai. Is it still a trouble?

Regards
Trouble

Postby avk » 07 Sep 2011, 11:24

hi, i worked in dubai.in 2009 my employer file a case cause against for absconding.i left my job bocos my employer was not paying during recsation.so i left to india .so now iam planing to travel other GCC . is it possible can i travel to another GCC without any probs and my debit is ( total 120,000 DHS) with different banks . SO i want to pay back bank while iam earning . please help me.
please reply as soon as possible..

thank you...
avk

Postby zia » 15 Sep 2011, 12:22

Hi,

Please advise me what should i do ? I taken up a job with a dubai based company in the year 2008. I got my credit card from RAK Bank, immediatley after recession my company fired me in the month of march, 2009 by saying do not require any more due to bankruptcy. As i never dream t of loosing job, i spend ed out my crdit card of amt 6300AED. Since i was unable to reply to RAK bank, n came back to New Delhi now RAK bank is has appointed highly illiterate collection agency locally in india they are warning me that i will be getting arrested for non payment. As i dont have a good job in india i cant re pay but yes i do want to pay them back. I also want to go back to dubai n work but dont knw why UAE govt has made this kind of rule where there is a hatred. there are thousands of people who want to re pay but UAE bank is not giving any option to re pay.
zia

Postby Hussein » 20 Sep 2011, 02:25

MAHESH wrote:Can some one advise me if its ok and whether i can travel to dubai again without any hastle

Dear mahesh,

Please understand no bank will deal with your friend. I don't know how much trustworthy your friend is; maybe he is an angel, but if you did not send the money directly to the bank, chances are your friend has swindled you! I had to leave with a few thousands unpaid; couldn't pay for some time, then tried to get my friend to negotiate with the bank to wave off the fines and they were not willing to disclose anything to him.

You better call your banks phone banking from a booth and try and find out what the outstanding is.

Good luck!
Hussein

Postby exdubaian » 21 Sep 2011, 04:03

I am in almost the same situation however i owe about 56k in dubai to ndb bank and my ex wife still live in dubai... does anyone know's a name of a good lawyer coz im gonna need it I guess.... and does anyone knows if teh bank can come after her because our divorce paper's still on process...?
urgent reply need it....
exdubaian

Postby karensmith » 21 Sep 2011, 18:39

hi,
I have an urgent question as well. I spent some time in uae prison for bounced cheque, i now have the clearance and have my passport. But there is still a civil case but they dont want my passport. I have a new job offer, but have to go home first as the starting date is only 1 dec. Will i be abel to leave the country?
karensmith

Next

Return to Residents and visitors UAE