Employment visa approval in Dubai without documents

Visit visas, work permits, residency visas Abu Dhabi, Dubai, UAE etc. Can I work on a visit visa? Who pays for my work permit? How long is my tourist visa valid for? More ...
Forum rules
Please add a follow up post if you have a question and find an answer. It will help other readers. Thanks :). Links: Visa Dubai | Dubai immigration | UAE immigration | Property visa Dubai |

Employment visa approval in Dubai without documents

Postby attif_79 » 04 Oct 2009, 17:53

Dear Sir,

Three months back I came to visit dubai for 3 months. In between this Visiting time I got a job offer and I signed an offer letter too, and I gave them all my documents copies, but just after few weeks for some reasons I had to go back to Pakistan so I informed the employer through an email and by telephonic conversation he agreed that I can go. At that time I was on visit visa. Then I came back to Pakistan. After 3 months, now I again applied for Visit Visa but some objection came from Immigration Dept. then I contacted to that company (I just expained above) so they said that they already processed my Employment Visa and now they will not cancel it. Which makes me worried.

I contacted with one of my friend who is working as a PRO in Dubai. he checked online and said the company took only Visa Approval which must have expired by 16th July 2009. Even he told me my new Labour Approval No....Here I am puzzeled that what's going on.

Now is it possible that anyone can process Employment Visa just on the basis of Photocopies of documents? even I had my original passport with me? Is there any way that I can go back to Dubai again? is ther any difference in Visa Approval and Employment visa? Thanks.

Best Regards.
attif_79
explorer

Dubai employment visa procedure

Postby shawarma » 04 Oct 2009, 22:39

Hello atif and welcome to the Dubai employment forum :).

1. Yes, I would expect so if you already supplied them with copies of your documents and passport.
2. An employment visa is an entry permit for the UAE and on a separate piece of paper. Your passport doesn't get stamped until you enter the country.
3. Yes, either the employment visa gets cancelled by the Dubai immigration department (the sponsor would have to ask them if it's possible to do that), or wait until the visa expires - I think it's valid for 60 days from issue date.
4. I assume visa approval means you have been approved to receive a Dubai visa, whether it's an employment visa, visit visa, tourist visa, residence visa etc.

For official answers, check with the DNRD and/or UAE MOL (and tell us if they say anything different :))
Please use the forum for questions, not the PM system.
shawarma

Re: Employment visa approval in Dubai without documents

Postby attif_79 » 04 Oct 2009, 23:58

Dear Sir,

Thanks and really appreciated your quick reply. I need some more things to ask if you please put a light on it.

Sir today I managed to speak with that company and they said me that they already processed my Employment Visa and they will not cancel it until I pay them 15000 dhs.

Now, this situation is unfortunate for me. I never thought it, If I knew it then I would have done something else. I spoke with them even I said them that let me join your company and wotever salary you gona pay me I will do work for you, no problems. ..........lub lub.. in short... they kept insisting me that just pay 15000 dhs otherwise they will not cancel it ever.... Anyways, I didn't promise tham to pay money as I am very weak financially.

1). Sir, in your third point you mentioned that Employment Visa(if it's not stamped on passport) is valid for 60 days, so can I apply after 60 days? rom whom should I ask this officially?

2). Can this company put a Ban on me for 1 year or life time?

3). Sir, as we know that Employment visa duration is 3 years, but as you said that Employment Visa is VALID just for just 60 days... is not it valid for 3 YEARS?

4). Anyother suggestion for me, what else I can do to get Visit VIsa ? Except paying them 15000 dhs, which is impossible for me.

Thankyou so much for your cooperation.

Best Regards,
Atif.
attif_79
explorer

Dubai employment visa and labour card

Postby shawarma » 05 Oct 2009, 11:46

We might be talking about different things.

• Employment visa - an entry permit to the UAE which an employer arranges. Valid 60 days before entry to the UAE, length of stay permitted 30 days (I think), within which time the sponsor should applie for labour card / work permit and residence visa for the employee.
  • Labour card / work permit - card issued by the UAE Ministry of Labour as permission to work for the relevant employer. Valid 3 years I think.
  • Residence visa - permission to live in the UAE, issued by the immigration department and stamped (or stuck) in your passport. Usually valid 3 years.
1. If employment visa as described above then it expires after 60 days if not used. No stamp in passport until arrival in the UAE.
2. A company cannot impose a labour ban or immigration ban. The MOL or DNRD does that. A company can make a request though. See the UAE visa ban information for more details.
3. See above explanations.
4. Check with the DNRD and UAE MOL what exactly is your situation and how to resolve it. You will have to contact them to try and get your visa cancelled anyway if the employer won't do it. Or try contacting a lawyer to act on your behalf in the UAE.

An employer is supposed to be responsible for all visa costs associated with bringing an employee to the UAE, however there are some stories that the MOL is allowing employers to claim back expenses from employees who don't turn up or break contract. I don't have any official information to confirm whether this is true and/or possible.
shawarma

Postby attif_79 » 05 Oct 2009, 19:14

Thankyou so much Sir, let me tell you that I am keep trying calling to Immigration office, Labour Office etc.... but first I have to hold the call for long time and then my phone just passes everywhere all over the places :( and no result at all. You are the only person who replied me accurately and quite quickly too, thanks again. Do you know any person to whom I call directly and he checks my status and tell to me immediately and solutions too?

Best Regards.
Atif.
attif_79
explorer

Contacting Dubai labour department

Postby shawarma » 05 Oct 2009, 23:51

Yes, unfortunately that can be how the system works (or doesn't work) here - enquiries get passed around in circles, or ignored altogether. Although a couple of times recently when I've called the various departments, my enquiry was dealt with efficiently enough.

All I can suggest is keep trying. There might also be email addresses you could try. Or search the internet for other UAE MOL phone numbers to try.
shawarma

Postby attif_79 » 18 Oct 2009, 21:08

Thank you so much.

Recently I spoke to this company who processed my residence visa (when i was on visit visa) and i never knew it, as we already discussed it.

Sir, they are not ready to cancel it until and unless i will pay them dhs 13000, even I said them every option I can avail for example, if they have any minor vacancy so I can join them or if they don't cancel it, I will manage cash for them by doing part time anywhere else ..... but they insisted me for cash Dhs 13000/-.

What do you think that if I will contact immigration and Labour office from Pakistan and ask them help, will it be ok? is ther any chance that this visa could be cancelled? as I didn't sign any Labour Contract etc....... or visa cancellation is just a job of SPONSOR no one else can do?

Best Regards,
Atif.
attif_79
explorer

Cancel residence visa in Dubai

Postby shawarma » 19 Oct 2009, 00:06

It seems strange that they issued a residence visa without a labour contract or permit, or your signature, or your passport. Usually a residence visa is a piece of paper stuck to a page on your passport. The Dubai immigration department cancels residence visas and issues new visas so you'll have to somehow communicate with them.
shawarma

Postby attif_79 » 19 Oct 2009, 01:18

Thank you for your reply.

On a very first day I signed the offer letter (on Company's letter head) at that time i was on visit visa, does it considered legal?

Sir, please if you go on this website www.emol.ae/services/ApplicationStatus.aspx then click on WORK PERMITT STATUS and then type [edit by moderator: personal information removed], this is my Labour Approved number, then you will see all the information, according to which my Labour Status is Approved but Expiry Date is 16 July 2009 which has already passed now what your expierence says that has residence visa processed yet and if i will approach to Immigration by telephone so will they help me as Sponsor denied to do any help.

Best Regards,
Atif.
attif_79
explorer

Labour status UAE

Postby shawarma » 19 Oct 2009, 01:56

1. Yes, I see. But you should not post personal details in a public forum.
2. If you signed an offer letter then the labour department might view that as a contract but I thought they had their own labour contract which had to be signed.
3. The immigration department is the only place I can think of that can give you an official answer as to your status and what steps you can take to resolve the issue if you cannot negotiate a solution with your sponsor. Or you could try contacting a lawyer familiar with UAE Labour and Immigration Law to act on your behalf.
shawarma

Postby attif_79 » 19 Oct 2009, 02:56

Allright, thank you so much for help sir.
attif_79
explorer

Postby attif_79 » 20 Oct 2009, 01:40

hi,

Is there any possibility that I will get the visit visa of sharjah or Abu Dhabi?

Regards
Atif
attif_79
explorer

Abu Dhabi Sharjah visa if denied in Dubai

Postby shawarma » 20 Oct 2009, 02:26

Probably not since the visa is an entry permit for the country of the UAE, not the emirate of Dubai. But it might be worth trying - if it's not possible then you won't get a visit visa issued. If you do get a visit visa issued then that should mean you're ok to enter the UAE, but through Abu Dhabi or Sharjah.
shawarma

Postby attif_79 » 20 Oct 2009, 16:50

hi,

Hope you are good. Today I received the scan copy of my Visit Visa Refused from my travel agent. My visa form is STAMPED which says "Refused (Investigation Section)" .....then I called to Dubai Immigration Department out of 5 calls, twice I got connected with the service consultant. One service consultant checked in the system and told me that there is no problem I can apply for visit visa for Dubai or anyother emirates without any problem. And second Consultant told me that some one has submitted papers for my Entry Permitt but it's still hold on...(then the line was disconnected).

Still do you belive that my residence visa has processed? or not yet...where my case standing?

Before applying to the visit visa of sharjah or abu dhabi i want to be sure that there will be no problem because in case of refusal,, visa fee is not refundable I already lost much. Thanks.

Best Regards,
Atif.
attif_79
explorer

Dubai visit visa refused

Postby shawarma » 20 Oct 2009, 17:13

That sounds exasperating. It often seems that bureaucrats anywhere in the world tell you whatever they think gets you out of their hair the quickest. Never mind whether it's accurate or not. There's a conflict obviously between being told you can apply for a Dubai visa, and the form from the travel agent that says rejected.

If you cannot get good information from the UAE immigration departments, then try one of the UAE airlines - Air Arabia, Etihad, or Emirates. They can arrange visas, and you would expect them to know what they're talking about (although I've had conflicting information from them in the past myself). If there's a general reason why visas are being rejected then they might tell you. If it's a specific reason for you only, then maybe not.
shawarma

Old Visa cancellation

Postby attif_79 » 27 Oct 2009, 00:29

Dear shawarma,

As you already answered me my all the queries under the Suject "Employment visa approval in Dubai without documents", this is a continuation of the same.

Recently I putted my complain in E-Complaint system started by Govt. Of dubai www.amer.ae ... They gave this answer...

Dear customer .. Let the PRO of the new company that you will work in their company to cancel your old visa by making a letter from any typing center and then they have to go to ( section 14 complaining section ) and they will cancel your old visa. best regards DNRD-DUBAI.

Kindly if you tell me that is it possible that anyother PRO can do cancel the old visa? have you ever seen such case?

Do you know anyone who provides such services?

Best Regards,
Atif.
attif_79
explorer

Visa cancellation services

Postby shawarma » 27 Oct 2009, 11:10

Perhaps the PRO of the old company can go. I expect the DNRD needs an official representative of the company to attend, not just anyone. I would go back and ask the Amer service anyway.
shawarma

Postby attif_79 » 27 Oct 2009, 11:34

yes please if you confirm it for me. Thanks a lot.
attif_79
explorer

Amer Service

Postby shawarma » 27 Oct 2009, 12:09

I guess that wasn't clear. I was suggesting you should contact the Amer service to confirm what is necessary (I was trying to say if I was in your position, that is what I would do).
shawarma

Amer Service

Postby attif_79 » 01 Nov 2009, 11:55

hi again,

Hope you doing good,... Yes I asked "Amer Service" to reconfirm your previous answer so their is same which is given below.

dear customer .. the new PRO company can cancel your old visa by that letter and dealing with (section 14 complining section ) but if the old company PRO if the company wants to cancel your old visa he can cancel it without the letter .. best regards DNRD

I don't know whether Immigration can cancel anything like this.

Regards,
Atif.
attif_79
explorer

Dubai visa cancellation by PRO

Postby shawarma » 01 Nov 2009, 12:09

Well that sounds clear to me. Either the PRO from your previous company, or the PRO from the new company can go and cancel your visa. And if the new PRO goes then they have to get a letter completed at the typing center. Good luck and let us know how you get on :).
shawarma

Amer Service

Postby attif_79 » 01 Nov 2009, 13:20

But unfortunately I don't have job yet, only I can do apply through travel agent, can you give me any idea or if oyu know any PRO who can do this for me?thanks.

Regards.
Atif.
attif_79
explorer

UAE PRO employment visa cancellation

Postby shawarma » 01 Nov 2009, 14:26

Er, my understanding from that Ameer Service reply you got is that only the PRO for the company you worked for, or the company you are going to work for, can do the visa cancellation. So if you don't have a new job yet, then you'd have to either wait until you do get one, or ask the PRO of the old employer to cancel the visa.
shawarma

Visit Visa after the cancellation of expired employment visa

Postby attif_79 » 29 Nov 2009, 12:04

hi, hope u r doing great. let me give the review of my problem and previous posts and some progress happend.

I signed an offer letter when i was on visit visa in dubai but then got another offer and left the first company after informing them and spoke to them face to face, and they agreed too so I replace myself properly and then at the end of my visit visa i got back to pakistan but then i applied for visit visa but it was rejected as tht company already processed my employment visa which has expired so it needs to b cancelled.

According to DNRD if my new company's PRO give a visa cancellation application so it could b cancelled (please see above post for DNRD reply) now one company in dubai is intersted to process my visit visa. If in case they will process my visit visa after cancelling that expired employment visa so what kind of ban can I face? and will I able to get employment visa ever in UAE again? Thanks.

Best Regards,
Atif.
attif_79
explorer

Dubai entry bans

Postby shawarma » 08 Dec 2009, 09:43

There are two types of bans for Dubai and the UAE.

1. Immigration ban - usually for criminal activity resulting in deportation, or for Israeli citizens.
2. Labour ban - automatic after terminating a job in the UAE, except under special circumstances. If you weren't issued a labour card and employment residence visa then you shouldn't end up with a ban, but contact the Ministry of Labour for confirmation of that.

When an entry visa is issued, for whatever reason, I don't think a second visa can be issued until the first one is cancelled. Some visas are cancelled automatically when they expire unused (a Dubai visit visa for example I think), other visas need to be cancelled even after expiry (a Dubai residence visa for example).
shawarma

Return to Visas and work permits for the UAE