Salik road toll

Forum rules
Please use the UAE classifieds forum to post ads for jobs, items wanted or for sale, etc.

Re: Salik road toll

Postby sleepyjim » 03 Dec 2007, 17:58

For further information:

Write to us on:

* Customers: customerservice@salik.ae
* Corporate: fleets@salik.ae

or

Call us on 800 Salik (72545)
Saturday - Thursday from 6 am to 10 pm
Closed on Fridays

I have had zero problems with waiting calling the 800 number, maybe its the time of day u call?

Also send an email to the corp email, bet they get fast replies.........
sleepyjim
backpacker

Postby bumba » 03 Dec 2007, 18:04

sleepyjim: must have been the time of day I was calling, have not tried again..

funnily enough after I posted here about an hour later I got a reply from Salik via e-mail asking me to fax them a copy of my application form... so to make things complicated I scanned it in and e-mailed it to them today.. (better way of keeping track of correspondence me thinks) so now let’s wait and see what happens.. will keep you all updated on what’s happening..

regards
Bumba
bumba
visitor

Postby shawarma » 03 Dec 2007, 18:05

bumba wrote:funnily enough after I posted here about an hour later I got a reply from Salik via e-mail asking me to fax them a copy of my application form...

A curious coincidence. Maybe Salik are reading this forum :?: .

Good to hear anyway. Smart idea to keep copies of everything...
Please use the forum for questions, not the PM system.
shawarma

Postby bumba » 03 Dec 2007, 18:06

Big Brother is watching!!! 8) :lol:
bumba
visitor

Further Salik road tolls denied

Postby shawarma » 03 Dec 2007, 18:52

Arab News today (a Saudi newspaper):

Dubai Denies Plans to Introduce New Road Toll

Dubai, 28 August 2007 - The Dubai Roads and Transport Authority denied yesterday that it has started work on the second phase of the road toll tax. For the first time, Dubai introduced in July a toll tax on motorists who cross Garhoud Bridge and use Sheikh Zayed Road. Motorists who use the road have to pay the 24-hour toll when they pass the electronic tollgates. A fee of AED4 is automatically deducted from the motorist's account.

Rumors have been rife in the emirates about additional gates to be added. A report yesterday from Fujairah said that the authority had started work on eight new gates in the city. They included all the major routes in the emirate including Shindagha Tunnel, Maktoum Bridge, Floating Bridge, Emirates Road, Al-Khail Road, Nad Al-Hamar Road and Business Bay crossing.

However, Salah Al-Marzouqi, from the RTA denied the news report saying that the authority has no plans for the second phase of the project.

In separate news, the RTA announced that the first phase of widening Emirates Road, extending from the borders of Sharjah to Al-Aweer Intersection, has been completed. The road will open on Friday.

Nabeel Mohammed Saleh, director of RTA, said widening works involved providing additional lanes throughout five of the existing intersections of Emirates Road in the initial stage. It will contribute to easing traffic congestion on this vital road. The estimated number of vehicles using this road is around 10,000 per hour in each direction. The project aims at reducing traffic bottlenecks at the entry and exit points on the road.

According to the plan, all works associated with the second phase of the project, extending from Al-Aweer Intersection to Arabian Ranches Intersection, are being carried out at a cost of AED333 million. The project is scheduled for completion in the second quarter of 2008.
shawarma

Traffic jams are not Salik's fault

Postby shawarma » 03 Dec 2007, 19:09

So, do you agree with the RTA? Salik is a success and the traffic jams are your fault?

HELP TRAFFIC FLOW AND WIN DH1M
ASHABA K ABDUL BASTI NEWS REPORTER

A sum of Dh1 million is up for grabs to any organisation in Dubai that uses innovative ideas to improve the traffic situation in the emirate.

The Dubai Award For Sustainable Transport (Dast) was launched yesterday by the Roads and Transport Authority (RTA) and the winner of the contest will walk away with the prize money.

Any group that implements transportation practices, which prove to have a positive impact on the environment, road safety or decongestion, can compete for Dast.

“Dast will not only increase awareness but also help to achieve an integrated transport system that is safe and vital for Dubai’s sustainable development,” said Mattar Al Tayer, executive director and chairman of RTA’s board.

Dast targets public, private and non-profit organisations and encourages them to come up with creative solutions and put them into practice. In addition to the grand prize, smaller awards will also be awarded by the RTA.

For groups to compete, they should be able to prove that their transport practices significantly helped in decreasing the number of trips made by private vehicles or contributed to increasing the use of public transport. Practices that help to decrease the level of air and noise pollution, other hazardous emissions or helped to improve general safety standards are also grounds for consideration.

Applicants can begin submitting their innovations for traffic improvement next month and the prize money will be awarded after one year.

Al Tayer said the prize would be increased annually to encourage more participants in the competition to be held every year.

The RTA was encouraged to offer the prize, Al Tayer said, because traffic jams in Dubai result in economic losses estimated at Dh4.5 billion each year while costs from accidents amount to Dh400 million annually.

Al Tayer said the RTA was committed to improving public transport and reducing congestion on the roads and pointed to the new road toll system as a recent success. He claimed the Salik toll system had reduced traffic on some of the most congested roads in Dubai.

“For six years, Al Garhoud Bridge had a problem with traffic jams. The problem has been solved and motorists who use the road are now happy,” said Al Tayer.

He denied that Salik was causing congestion and accidents on smaller roads and blamed those problems on bad drivers.

“Some drivers deliberately ignore driving and traffic rules, others are just drunk, while some are illiterate and cannot read the variable road signs.This is our biggest problem in Dubai,” he said.

Al Tayer said the road authority was constantly implementing new solutions. In this regard he pointed to the launch of dedicated public bus lanes that are due to be introduced by the end of this year to reduce the waiting time of commuters.
shawarma

Postby sleepyjim » 04 Dec 2007, 12:15

About 3 weeks ago I got an SMS saying I was 2AED in the hole........(I should be at 46AED to the good), anyway, called and gave my chip number to the guy and found they had wrong chip number assigned to my account so they had to fix this, I got a call 5 days ago all is fixed and they gave my account full funding of 50AED.

It would be a good idea to track the first few times you go thru a toll gata and see that your account is correct.............

sj
sleepyjim
backpacker

Previous

Return to Residents and visitors UAE