Visa transfer cancellation UAE new company

Visit visas, work permits, residency visas Abu Dhabi, Dubai, UAE etc. Can I work on a visit visa? Who pays for my work permit? How long is my tourist visa valid for? More ...
Forum rules
Please add a follow up post if you have a question and find an answer. It will help other readers. Thanks :). Links: Visa Dubai | Dubai immigration | UAE immigration | Property visa Dubai |

Visa transfer cancellation UAE new company

Postby mubin1985 » 25 Oct 2009, 12:02

Dear Sir,
I have recently joined a new company and they have provided me a Visa transfer application form with my application no. on it. My new company has given me a Cancellation paper and has adviced me to take the stamp and the signature of the previous company sponsor and my signature with written below as all my dues have been paid. But my problem is that, i have got a offer from another company (semi-government) to join there. I haven't still signed the visa cancellation papers neither the previous company sponsor. So can i still change my job as today is my 4th day at work and tell them to cancel my visa transfer paper(Nakal khafala)..

Please advice..

Thanks,

Shaikh Mubeen.
mubin1985
traveler

Visa transfer cancellation deadline UAE

Postby shawarma » 25 Oct 2009, 14:06

Hello mubin and welcome to the UAE job forums :).

That sounds like a legal question I'm not qualified to answer. I expect you can change your job if you want, the question is more to do with what the consequences will be. I think that it will depend on what you have agreed with the various companies involved. If you have signed a contract with the first new company then if you don't follow through with that, you have broken the terms of your agreement and the company might have a legitimate claim against you for financial compensation. If you haven't signed anything but made a verbal agreement then it will probably be more difficult for the company to make a claim against you.

I would suggest you contact either the UAE Labour Ministry to see what the official position is on your transfer, and/or a lawyer to see what legal options you have and the possible consequences.
Please use the forum for questions, not the PM system.
shawarma

Re: Visa transfer cancellation UAE new company

Postby mubin1985 » 27 Oct 2009, 12:24

Dear Sir,

Thankyou very much for your reply...
mubin1985
traveler

Cancellation papers Signature.

Postby mubin1985 » 28 Oct 2009, 18:00

Dear Sir,

Hope you are doing fine. I just wanted to know that can my previous employer cancel my visa, if i dont sign on the cancellation papers as he hasn't cleared my dues but he has provided my the NOC before.

kindly advice..

Thanks,

Shaikh Mubeen.
mubin1985
traveler

Dubai visa cancellation without signature

Postby shawarma » 28 Oct 2009, 23:54

A visa cancellation in Dubai should only be completed once the employee has signed the cancellation papers to say they have received all their dues. If there is any problem or disagreement, the employee should contact the labour ministry.

An NOC can be issued at any time by the company as far as I know.
Please use the forum for questions, not the PM system.
shawarma

Postby sh_nirma » 22 Nov 2011, 00:32

Dear all,
i wanna ask, i finished my 3 years contract in my company and i renew my visa 3 months before.then after i got a chance to join with other company.i have sharja visa right now.then new company will take me under dubai visa.new company said to me cancel my visa and go back to my country after that they will send me visa to my country.now my visa processing for cancellation. i wanna know after my exit is there is a ban?
sh_nirma

Postby keboy » 10 Feb 2012, 02:11

I have just resigned from my old company (freezone) and my soon to be employer requires my visa cancellation paper,my visa was cancelled in the passport but i did get the visa cancellation paper at the Terminal,is there a way i could get them? :oops:
keboy
visitor

Postby zoya » 16 Feb 2012, 10:28

Hi Keboy,
Your original Cancellation paper is most probably in your previous employer. They need the original , stamped with Exit stamo so they can refund your Guarantee deposit.
You can contact your ex-employer to fax / email to you a copy of the cancellation paper.
zoya
backpacker

Return to Visas and work permits for the UAE