How to get Dubai employment visa without NOC?

Visit visas, work permits, residency visas Abu Dhabi, Dubai, UAE etc. Can I work on a visit visa? Who pays for my work permit? How long is my tourist visa valid for? More ...
Forum rules
Please add a follow up post if you have a question and find an answer. It will help other readers. Thanks :). Links: Visa Dubai | Dubai immigration | UAE immigration | Property visa Dubai |

How to get Dubai employment visa without NOC?

Postby faraz » 11 Nov 2009, 11:57

Hi, I would like to know that how can we get new employment visa if the previous company doesn't have the policy to issue NOC to his employee.
I wuld like to tell you wht is my problem ......actually i hav resigned from my previous company, my company dont have any issue with my resignation. But now i've signed a new contract with new company which is in Dubai, n they are asking me all the documents along with NOC from the previous employer, now i am stuck in between and am clueless what to do next.......is there any law by dubai govt to get visa without NOC or we have to pay any certain amount to get a new visa ? plz reply
faraz
visitor

Dubai employment visa without NOC?

Postby shawarma » 11 Nov 2009, 15:25

Hello faraz and welcome to the Dubai employment forums :).

1. A company in the UAE is not legally required to give an employee an NOC, it's entirely up to the company. Although it is admittedly petty and small-minded of companies not to issue one.

2. A UAE employment ban for 6 months is automatic when a worker leaves their job, unless an exemption applies. If someone has worked for a company on an unlimited contract for more than a year then they need an NOC to avoid the ban. If a worker has been employed for less than a year, or breaks a limited contract, then an NOC won't usually help avoid a ban.

3. There is possibly a ban lifting fee that can be paid at the Dubai employment ministry - check with them if it exists and how much (and let us know what they say :)). I think it depends on how long you have worked, there seems to be no official confirmation of the fee that I can find though.
Please use the forum for questions, not the PM system.
shawarma

Re: How to get Dubai employment visa without NOC?

Postby faraz » 13 Nov 2009, 21:37

thnx alot for your kind reply. let me check with MOL in dxb and if i'm success to gather some info in this regards will definetly let you know ....thnx again
faraz
visitor

Postby jay » 21 Oct 2010, 05:37

Greetings to all,

I'm currently working in a hotel in Dubai and I'm on immigration visa, I've already finished 3 years and 11 months working in the company. i got a new offer from different employer and i accepted it but they are requiring for an NOC which my current company is not giving due to as what they have explained to me that my visa was online immigration and it is transferable so no need of NOC and nobody will object to me once i transfer my visa, my question is do i really need an NOC for my new employer or is there any exemption on this kind of situation? i really need some advice.

Thanks and Best Regards,
jay
jay

Postby shawarma » 21 Oct 2010, 15:34

I've seen comments in several sources, for example newspapers in UAE with legal advice columns, saying that an NOC is not needed if you have completed more than 3 years of employment in Dubai and UAE with the same employer. But check with the UAE Ministry of Labour for an official answer.
Please use the forum for questions, not the PM system.
shawarma

Return to Visas and work permits for the UAE