Limited vs unlimited contracts UAE

Where do I find the best recruitment agencies? How do I find a job? See separate forum for work permits and visas. More ...
Forum rules
Please use the UAE classifieds forum to post ads for jobs wanted or offered. Links: Work in Dubai | Recruitment Dubai | UAE Labour Department

Limited vs unlimited contracts UAE

Postby JOYANDWIN » 16 Nov 2009, 10:06

dear sir

can you tell me what is an advantage and disadvantage of Limited & unlimited contract?

what are the papers we should sign or kept in our mind before transfering our visa from one company to another company its mostly our sister concern company?
JOYANDWIN
traveler

Limited unlimited contract differences Dubai

Postby shawarma » 16 Nov 2009, 10:19

1. Advantages for you.

Limited contracts - higher gratuity payment, potential financial penalty for company if they attempt to terminate your before contract expires.
Unlimited contracts - more flexible since you only have to give one month notice if you want to leave.

Disadvantages for you

Limited contracts - you are committed for a fixed period of time, potential one year ban and loss of gratuity if you break limited contract.
Unlimited contracts - can be given just one month notice by company, lower gratuity.

2. You should only sign papers you understand and agree with. Contact the Dubai labour department and/or a lawyer if there is anything that you don't understand, or are not sure if it is acceptable.
Please use the forum for questions, not the PM system.
shawarma

Return to Work and employment in the UAE