Absconding and Dubai residence visa cancelled

Visit visas, work permits, residency visas Abu Dhabi, Dubai, UAE etc. Can I work on a visit visa? Who pays for my work permit? How long is my tourist visa valid for? More ...
Forum rules
Please add a follow up post if you have a question and find an answer. It will help other readers. Thanks :). Links: Visa Dubai | Dubai immigration | UAE immigration | Property visa Dubai |

Absconding and Dubai residence visa cancelled

Postby Lu M » 22 Nov 2009, 17:11

Good afternoon,
please help me.
I had a RESIDENCE VISA in Media City Free Zone for more than one year. While I was back in my country on holiday, my boss closed the company, declared that I was absconding (despite he knew I was on vacation) and cancelled my Visa. I cannot get any information from him.
I need to come back in Dubai the next week to arrange my moving, but I don't know if I have a 1 year ban and , if I do, if I can enter the country with a visit Visa.
I should really appreciate your help.
Thanks.
Lu M
backpacker

Dubai Media City residence visa cancellation

Postby shawarma » 22 Nov 2009, 17:28

Hello Lu and welcome to the Dubai visa forums :).

1. As Dubai Media City is one of the Dubai free zones, they are your sponsor for a residence visa, rather than your employer. That might mean your residence visa is still valid. Contact DMC and/or the Dubai residency department to check.

2. If you have a Dubai labour ban then that usually applies just to the labour permit, you can still enter on a UAE visit visa, although if you have been reported as absconding then you might be subject to an immigration ban also. Check with the Dubai labour department and/or the DNRD to see what your status is.

3. The UAE labor department (MOL) has said they will file cases against employers who file false absconding complaints (there was a report just this morning of one example, I think in the Gulf News) so you should file a complaint against your employer with the MOL.

4. If an employer has gone out of business then a labour ban might not apply or be lifted. Again, you would need to contact the MOL to resolve a ban in this case.
Please use the forum for questions, not the PM system.
shawarma

Re: Absconding and Dubai residence visa cancelled

Postby Lu M » 22 Nov 2009, 22:17

Thanks a lot for your quickly reply.
I should be really be thankfull to you if you answer one more question: just in case I've got a 1 year IMMIGRATION ban, can I enter the country with a visit visa?
Regards,
Luisa
Lu M
backpacker

Dubai immigration ban

Postby shawarma » 22 Nov 2009, 22:22

No, a Dubai immigration ban means no entry. A Dubai labour ban means no working.
shawarma

Postby Lu M » 22 Nov 2009, 22:26

.....sorry, one more thing:hoow could I have a labour ban if I NEVER had a labour card?
Maybe in Media City they don't use it, I don't know.....
Lu M
backpacker

Postby Lu M » 22 Nov 2009, 22:43

Thanks Miss Shawarma.
Unfortunately at the Immigration Dept they don't give me any informations by phone or email.
As I already wrote you, I really need to come back in Dubai, all my stuff,clothes,books, documents and so on, are still there.
At Media City they confirmed that my Residence Visa is cancelled but they didn't mention any ban.
What should happen if I should arrive at the airport and they found that I've got a ban?Somebody in Dubai told me that they should put me in jail.Is it true?I'm not a criminal ,I didn't commit any crime, I worked honestly,always had more than correct behaviour and didn't leave in Dubai any kind of debt...
Lu M
backpacker

Labour card in Dubai Media City

Postby shawarma » 23 Nov 2009, 00:33

From what you've said, the only reason I can see that you might have an immigration ban is that the absconding complaint was upheld. If you have your labour permit details then you can check online with the MOL website to see what your status is. Or call their helpline. Note that if your boss did not cancel your Dubai residence visa, and you have been out of the country for more than 6 months, then it will have become invalid, meaning you cannot enter the UAE until it is cancelled.

1. You would have to have had some sort of permission to work anywhere in Dubai. A work permit or labour card mean the same thing. If you weren't working legally in the UAE then that's a different problem, but I would have thought it would at least mean your employer couldn't file an absconding claim.

2. You could try applying for a Dubai tourist visa. If there is an immigration ban then it should be rejected. If you arrive and an immigration ban is in place then it's more likely that you are refused entry and returned to your point of origin than being put in jail. However, I'm not the immigration department so I can't say exactly what they would or would not do.

3. Apart from the immigration department, or the free zone authority, the only other people I can think of that might be able to help are either your consulate/embassy, or a legal firm.
shawarma

Postby Lu M » 23 Nov 2009, 21:22

I never had my labour card, I just have a Media City ID..... is it allowed by law that your boss keeps your labour card?
Lu M
backpacker

Dubai Media City labour card

Postby shawarma » 23 Nov 2009, 22:28

Perhaps the DMC ID is equivalent to a labour card, or is the labour card.

Some companies keep labour cards and give passports back to employees. Some companies keep passports and give labour cards to employees. Some companies keep both, some give both to employees. Check with the MOL what is legal but I think companies are supposed to give both passport and labour card to employees.
shawarma

Postby Lu M » 24 Nov 2009, 00:27

You wrote that the only reason why I might have an immigration ban is that the absconding complain was upheld.I supposed it was automatic.....i mean that I thought that once your company arise an absconding case, thet's upheld by the free zone.
So, how's that process?
Lu M
backpacker

Absconding cases in Dubai

Postby shawarma » 24 Nov 2009, 01:23

Lu M wrote:You wrote that the only reason why I might have an immigration ban is that the absconding complain was upheld.

From the information you have given, that's all I can think of. There are other reasons for immigration bans in the UAE but I don't know if they apply in your case.

Just because a company makes an absconding complaint does not mean it is automatically upheld. You should contact the labour department to see if one has been filed, and what has resulted from it.
shawarma

Re: Dubai Media City residence visa cancellation

Postby juliand » 18 Oct 2010, 10:17

hello..i just want to ask some advice and opinions to you hope u could help me...heres my email add-[edit by mod]personal details removed - see forum guidelines[/edit]
i was a residence visa holder but i am now outside of uae for more than a year.i am aware for the 6 months ban.before i went home i ask my previous employer that im going to seek for a new agency in my country and if i find im going to resign through email and we both agree but wen i went home i luckily found a new company help with my relatives also now i sent a email resignation to the company but they did respond no i go to my local company in my country and they recve my printed email for my uae employer i wait long but they did not respond so i assumed its already ok..but last june i call to my previous employer in uae i was shock when they told me that my name was in ministry of labour and i am runing for blacklisted.is that right?i did not do any elegal job in uae i worked there honestly..what would be the case they could file on me?do i have already a ban?nw i am planing to comeback to uae..can i go back or entry uae again?if i am blacklisted or have a ban..what will hapen to me if i enter uae?
juliand

Postby taonglovo » 23 Oct 2010, 23:36

Hello all,

I just want to know. If after resignation, will the immigration of MOL requires the employee to return to point of origin or can go directly to other country?

thanks!
taonglovo

Postby marryindubai » 27 Feb 2011, 10:50

Dear Lu M,
It was very interesting reading your experience.
I have similar experience with you. Have you solved your problem about false absconding report?
Is there any good solution after years? Did you get a labor banned?
I am anxious to get your reply.
Thank you.
marryindubai
visitor

Postby marryindubai » 27 Feb 2011, 11:19

Dear Shawarma,
I am new in this forum.
I would like to ask you regarding the false absconding report by employer like the case written below.
However, my case is little different.
I was verbally terminated and requested employer to cancel my visa by coming and many times via phone, email and courier signed document. But employer continually ignored. (I have all evidence)
Just found that employer filed absconding report to MoL which is inaccurate.
I am still in UAE, my passport is in my possession.

MoL advised me to contact the employer to remove the false absconding charge. MoL stated that if the employer continues to ignore or refuse my requests then I can do a formal complaint to MoL
I have a lawyer to assist me.

Do you have any idea what is gonna be happened? (Is there anyone here that has had this experience?
If so, I would be very grateful to share or/and for some advice.

Thank you.

3. The UAE labor department (MOL) has said they will file cases against employers who file false absconding complaints (there was a report just this morning of one example, I think in the Gulf News) so you should file a complaint against your employer with the MOL.
marryindubai
visitor

Postby marryindubai » 02 Mar 2011, 10:04

Dear Shawarma,

Thank you for the response and advise.
I will go to MoL for a further step to complain after certain days/ date (according to MoL procedures) that I (and the lawyer) have contacted employer via phone, email and courier but they still continually ignored.
marryindubai
visitor

Absconding Case in Dubai and want to get a police clearance

Postby liza » 06 Nov 2011, 05:02

Dear Shawarma,

I would like to ask your help on my matter as my sponsor file me an absconding case where I'm outside UAE. I work in Dubai form May 2005 to June 3, 2006 and I didnt finish my 2 years contract as I go home Philippines due to my father's death. I apply a to get a police clearance in Dubai Police headquarter and they did not issue me a certificate of good conduct due to my false absconding report. I requested my sponsor to drop the absconding case but he just ignore me many times through email, sms. When I call him he will not answer me. Can you help me what to do so that I can get Police clearance and my false absconding case will be drop? I'm a Filipino national and I'm outside UAE.

Very truly yours,

[edit by moderator]personal details removed, please see forum posting guidelines[/edit]
liza

Postby rhaine » 10 Mar 2012, 14:28

good day,
i just only want to ask question regarding my absconding case in abu dhabi..because i didnt resolve it that case..can i go back again here in uae to work or no..and how long it will take...i wait the response thanks a lot.. :D
rhaine
visitor

Postby alphabetagamma » 31 Mar 2012, 21:20

Hi,
I need your help.My husband is my sponsor and also my sons sponsor.He is out of the country due to some work.What happens in case he cant return to UAE within 180 days?Does his UAE residence visa get cancelled or invalid?What happens to my and my sons UAE residence visa(valid till 2013) due to the fact that my husband is our sponsor and his visa becomes invalid ( because of his absence from the country for more than 180 days?)
alphabetagamma
visitor

Return to Visas and work permits for the UAE