RAK medical college
(Health and Sciences University of RAK or similar - RAK-MHSU / RAK-MHU) information from DubaiFAQs.com. A press release dated 01 October 2006 from RAK MHSU had a few comments about location and study programs available
- The MBBS program length is 5 years + a 1 year internship. Each year is two semesters.
- RAK MHSU campus is in the RAK George Mason University complex.
- RAKMHSU expects to move into its own buildings by end of 2008
- RAK-MHSU Medical College MBBS has received "initial accreditation" from the UAE Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research (MOHESR)
- Other study programs planned at RAK MHSU after receiving MOHESR accreditation include
- College of Allied Health Sciences
- College of Dental Sciences
- College of Nursing
- College of Pharmacy
Any comments? Further information? Is RAK MHS intending to have a predominantly, or only, Indian student body? From the RAK MHS website FAQs page...
6. Once an Indian student completes his/her studies at RAK MHS University, will he/she be able to proceed further to India for higher studies and be able to write the MCI screening test? Can he/she practice in India?
As required by Medical Council of India (MCI) New Delhi, Indian students joining foreign medical universities, including RAK MHS University, are advised to obtain eligibility certificate from MCI well in advance, prior to joining the Undergraduate programs in Medicine. For details, please refer MCI website ...