Wife visa cancellation before Dubai job change

Visit visas, work permits, residency visas Abu Dhabi, Dubai, UAE etc. Can I work on a visit visa? Who pays for my work permit? How long is my tourist visa valid for? More ...
Forum rules
Please add a follow up post if you have a question and find an answer. It will help other readers. Thanks :). Links: Visa Dubai | Dubai immigration | UAE immigration | Property visa Dubai |

Wife visa cancellation before Dubai job change

Postby imtiazwighio » 30 Nov 2009, 20:17

Dear Sir,

I am on Residence Visa from Dubai, UAE and have Employment from One Creative Solution Company Dubai, UAE.

Suddenly authorities of Company has informed us that company is about to close, we all employees had meeting with them and then assured us that they will give us No Objection Certificate (NOC) with Visa transfer within 2-3 months. I found one job. But some one told me that i have to cancel my Visa before joining new company so as my wifes Visa, I want to send my Wife to her home in Pakistan, but as per my friend my Visa can not cancel until unless my Wifes Visa will not be cancelled.

Please tell me is it necessary to cancel before Joining New Company?
What are the steps of transferring Visa from old company to new company?
Is it necessary for me to cancel my wife's Visa or she can be on my Visa and if I transfer my Visa, this will not affect her Visa?

Thanks,

With Best Regards

IMTIAZ ALI WIGHIO
imtiazwighio
backpacker

Cancel wife's visa before Dubai job transfer

Postby shawarma » 07 Dec 2009, 16:51

Hello imtiazwighio and welcome to the Dubai visa forums :).

1a. If your wife is under your sponsorship and she changes jobs, it is not necessary to cancel and obtain a new Dubai residence visa for her.
1b. If your wife is under your sponsorship and you change jobs, then you need to cancel her Dubai residence visa, cancel your visa, get a new visa from new company, and then get a new Dubai residence visa for your wife.

2a. Your current employer can cancel your visa and your new employer will apply for a new employment and residence visa, or
2b. Your new employer might be able to get your current sponsorship transferred to them. The PRO of the new company should know what to do. In both cases you will need to submit passport, photos, medical test results, and copies of relevant qualifications to the Dubai labour office.

2. See 1b.
Please use the forum for questions, not the PM system.
shawarma

Re: Wife visa cancellation before Dubai job change

Postby imtiazwighio » 09 Dec 2009, 10:28

Dear Mr. Shawarma,

Thanks for your reply.

My issue is I am changing job and both companies (new and old) are happy to transfer my visa, my wife is under my sponsorship. In this case is it necessary for me to Cancel her Residence Visa? or no need to change her Visa?

Thanks

With Best Regards
Imtiaz Ali
imtiazwighio
backpacker

Re: Wife visa cancellation before Dubai job change

Postby shawarma » 09 Dec 2009, 10:34

See my first post or check with the Dubai residence and immigration department for an official answer.
Please use the forum for questions, not the PM system.
shawarma

Return to Visas and work permits for the UAE