Life time ban UAE also for GCC?

Visit visas, work permits, residency visas Abu Dhabi, Dubai, UAE etc. Can I work on a visit visa? Who pays for my work permit? How long is my tourist visa valid for? More ...
Forum rules
Please add a follow up post if you have a question and find an answer. It will help other readers. Thanks :). Links: Visa Dubai | Dubai immigration | UAE immigration | Property visa Dubai |

Life time ban UAE also for GCC?

Postby kingrocking » 30 Nov 2009, 21:55

hi ..

want to ask u 2 questions. Firstly I was involved in an affair with a female in dubai, not agreeing to marry her, she set me up in a theft case. I got deported to my country (Sep 2006). I got a lifetime ban. I had an eye Scan and finger prints taken.

Qn 1: Can I travel to other GCC countries or foriegn Countries having this ban. ( i was told that the ban is a GCC as well )
Qn 2: Can I get the ban waived legally or the zig-zag way ?
kingrocking
backpacker

UAE life ban after affair

Postby shawarma » 07 Dec 2009, 16:32

Hello kingrocking and welcome to the UAE visa forums :).

1. I've seen mixed reports about a lifetime immigration ban for the UAE also applying to other GCC countries. My best guess is that UAE immigration authorities might make the ban information available to other GCC countries, and they might impose a ban also depending on why the ban was imposed. For example some activities in the UAE which result in a ban, would not result in a ban in another GCC country. In your particular case though, I'd expect most GCC countries would treat extra-marital affairs and/or theft quite seriously.

You could try applying for a visa in another GCC country. If a ban is in place then it should be rejected. Or you could try contacting the immigration department in the GCC country you want to visit and asking them.

2. The only legal way I know of is to ask the UAE immigration department. They might waive the ban for humanitarian reasons but I think it's pretty unlikely.

I don't know the zig-zag way. If you mean something illegal then you'll understand that I can't recommend any illegal procedures. If you mean something to do with wasta, then yes, if you know someone with enough wasta you might be able to get around the ban or get it lifted.
Please use the forum for questions, not the PM system.
shawarma

Re: UAE life ban after affair

Postby kingrocking » 13 Dec 2009, 14:12

I would really appreciate if you can help me out in a big problem I have in my life, since the past 3 years. The issue is that, I have a lifetime ban. It was a case in which a girl asked me to marry her, on my denail, she set me up in a theft in her own house during the day time with the help of her housemaid. The CID forced me in the Police Station, Rashidiya to confess to the crime and I will be set free, else I will be beaten up. I confessed to the crime and then they put me in jail. The case went to Niyabah. First I was given a 2 years imprisonment. On my appeal, I gave the true incident to the Judge in writing about the incident and the judge set me free. I was told in the courts by the police that I have a one year ban, however when I came back to India and my father who is in Dubai tried to take out my visa after a year (2007) was told that I have a life-time ban on me. I had been deported to India on the September 6th 2006.

Could you please guide me as to how can i remove the ban. I have lived all my life in the UAE. I have already tried to contact His Highness Sheikh Mohammed on his website, www.sheikhmohammed.com, and www.uaepm.ae, however i have not yet got any response,as I understand that he is a very busy person. My parents are in the UAE from 30 years. I have no one in India to stay with, instead of my wife and 2 kids. So could you please guide me as to what is the procedure? I would love to come back to UAE, as I consider it my own country. Please advice as to the right legal procedure, i.e can I send e letter by post the the rulers of the Emirates?, or hire a lawyer? I know for my knowledge that there are people who have actually commited major crimes, however by wasta they are still in UAE happily. So no one can say that it is impossible, or its difficult go to the UAE. My parents have no Wasta, nor does any of my family members know any higher rank officials what can be done.

Your help would be appreciated.
kingrocking
backpacker

Remove lifetime ban UAE

Postby shawarma » 13 Dec 2009, 14:39

1. If you have documentation from the Dubai Police to say you have a 1 year ban, then present that to the Dubai immigration authorities to try to lift the permanent ban.

2. Otherwise, the Dubai immigration is the only authority that can lift or change an immigration ban imposed in Dubai as far as I know (or maybe the UAE immigration department - I'm not sure how much autonomy the immigration departments in each emirate have). You could try pleading a special case and ask them to lift it for humanitarian reasons, or someone (family member, lawyer) could act on your behalf. If they go to the immigration office in person, it's probably better than email or telephone contact, and it would be a good idea to try and find someone in authority to speak to - starting at the general information desk is probably going to be unsuccessful. If the immigration ban is due to a criminal conviction then there's little point in trying to explain to the immigration department that you are innocent. I doubt that they are in a position or have the desire to judge court cases.

3. Alternatively contact a UAE lawyer to see if there's any way to appeal and/or overturn the conviction. Sorry, I'm not familiar enough with UAE law to be able to say how realistic that is, or if it is even possible.

4. Regarding the confession, there are Human Rights Department offices at Dubai Police stations although I don't know how far you'd get given the amount of time that has elapsed. It might be more useful to contact a lawyer to act on your behalf if you want to address the matter, or to at least give you some information on how realistic it is to pursue it. Some telephone numbers you could try (from the Dubai Police website):

Tel +971-4-6082629 - General Director of Department of Human Rights Care
Toll-free (in UAE) 800-404040 - users complaint section
Tel +971-4-6082305 or +971-4-6082304 - public complaints section

The Dubai Police operator at General HQ is tel +971-4-6099999.
shawarma

Re: Life time ban UAE also for GCC?

Postby kingrocking » 13 Dec 2009, 14:52

Thanks a lot,

The information has been very useful to me.

I do not have any papers from the Dubai Police stating on the Ban, just the passport with a 1 year Ban written on it, and the verbal words of the Policeman at Courts who told me that the Ban is for just a year!

Please advice.
kingrocking
backpacker

Postby shawarma » 13 Dec 2009, 14:59

Send immigration a copy of the stamp in your passport.
shawarma

Re: Remove lifetime ban UAE

Postby kingrocking » 13 Dec 2009, 19:02

Thnks again for your informative reply. A Small question again. For example the Ban gets lifted somehow InsaAllah ( may it be Wasta or anything ) will I get a Police Clearance Certificate if I apply for job within the UAE ? as most companies now a days ask for a Police Clearance Certificate.
kingrocking
backpacker

Dubai police clearance certificate

Postby shawarma » 13 Dec 2009, 19:48

I guess that depends on what the official outcome of your conviction was - whether the judge overturned it or not. Check with the Dubai Police, or a lawyer.
shawarma

Postby kingrocking » 14 Dec 2009, 01:15

Hello,

A sentence of 2 years, reduced to zero. Hasn't the judge overturned the case. Plz correct me if im wrong.
kingrocking
backpacker

Return to Visas and work permits for the UAE