UAE employment and residence visa difference

Visit visas, work permits, residency visas Abu Dhabi, Dubai, UAE etc. Can I work on a visit visa? Who pays for my work permit? How long is my tourist visa valid for? More ...
Forum rules
Please add a follow up post if you have a question and find an answer. It will help other readers. Thanks :). Links: Visa Dubai | Dubai immigration | UAE immigration | Property visa Dubai |

UAE employment and residence visa difference

Postby wikkyahmedkhan » 17 Dec 2009, 11:30

hi,
my name is waqas i need to ask a question that is what's diffrence between employment visa n residence visa because i am doing job in a company n in my passport wrote rsidence visa if these both are same so why they called as differnt name.
wikkyahmedkhan
visitor

Re: UAE employment and residence visa difference

Postby shawarma » 17 Dec 2009, 12:15

Hello wikkyahmedkhan and welcome to the UAE visa forums :).

A UAE residence visa is permission to live in the UAE, and is stamped in your passport, usually valid for 3 years, and usually sponsored by your employer which is why it's sometimes called a UAE employment visa, or UAE employment residence visa or similar. This is issued by the UAE immigration authority.

A UAE employment entry permit (or visa) is a short term entry permit which an employer arranges for an employee to enter the UAE. After entry, the sponsor/employer then arranges a residence visa and work permit.

A labour card or work permit is permission to work in the UAE and is arranged in conjunction with a residence visa. The residence visa is stamped in the passport, the work permit is a separate plastic card issued by the Ministry of Labour in the UAE. Sometimes people call this an employment visa.
Please use the forum for questions, not the PM system.
shawarma

Return to Visas and work permits for the UAE