Category A, B, C with UAE labour ministry

Where do I find the best recruitment agencies? How do I find a job? See separate forum for work permits and visas. More ...
Forum rules
Please use the UAE classifieds forum to post ads for jobs wanted or offered. Links: Work in Dubai | Recruitment Dubai | UAE Labour Department

Category A, B, C with UAE labour ministry

Postby JOYANDWIN » 20 Dec 2009, 10:28

dear sir

i checked my labour card in website in that it states as category-c what these mean?
what do you mean by category a- b -c
what are its advantage & disadvantage of company listed as per category ?
JOYANDWIN
traveler

UAE company categories A B C fees

Postby shawarma » 20 Dec 2009, 11:59

I think the UAE company categories are to do with Emiratisation policies, number of employees, and how well a company follows MOL policies and UAE Labour Law - the category is for the company, not the employee. There are different fees for different category companies with Category A companies paying the lowest, and Category C companies paying the highest fees and charges at the Ministry of Labour (MOL).

Category A companies have at least 2% Emirati employees (UAE nationals).
Category B and Category C companies have fewer Emiratis employed and/or fewer total employees.

I've also seen reference to a bank guarantee payable by the company, but I don't know how up to date it is. I can't find confirmation on the MOL website.

Category A company no bank guarantee, or it's less than AED 3 million (which implies less than 1,000 employees if bank deposit is AED 3000 per employee)
Category B company bank guarantee is AED 3 million
Category C company bank guarantee is AED 5 million which implies minimum of about 1700 employees?

Check with the UAE Ministry of Labour to confirm this information (and let us know if they say anything different :)).
Please use the forum for questions, not the PM system.
shawarma

Return to Work and employment in the UAE