Visa ban after resignation JAFZA

Visit visas, work permits, residency visas Abu Dhabi, Dubai, UAE etc. Can I work on a visit visa? Who pays for my work permit? How long is my tourist visa valid for? More ...
Forum rules
Please add a follow up post if you have a question and find an answer. It will help other readers. Thanks :). Links: Visa Dubai | Dubai immigration | UAE immigration | Property visa Dubai |

Visa ban after resignation JAFZA

Postby ma_dxb » 07 Jan 2010, 12:21

Dear Moderators

I'm working in JAFZA based co from last 2.6 yrs, my contract with co is for 3 years(but at the time of signing the agreement i changed manually to 2 years & fwd to mgmnt and they agreed it), now i want to quit this job bcoz i'm not getting increment hence i've resign frm my job n my mgmnt told me to sit at home, i want to know is thier any chances of ban which my mgmt told they will try for lif ban. I join this co bcoz of Free Zone visa and finish my required 2 year agreement how they can ban me.
ma_dxb
visitor

Labour ban in JAFZA

Postby shawarma » 07 Jan 2010, 16:00

Hello ma_dxb and welcome to the Dubai job forums :).

A labour ban in Dubai is automatic for 6 months unless you have an exemption. In your case I don't see an obvious reason for an exemption, and if after two years, your contract was a new limited period contract for one or two years, then you might be deemed to have broken the contract which could result in a one year labour ban. You could contact the Dubai labour department to get clarification from an official source (and let us know what they say :)).
Please use the forum for questions, not the PM system.
shawarma

Re: Visa ban after resignation JAFZA

Postby ma_dxb » 07 Jan 2010, 18:16

thanks for ur soonest reply,
i have heard earlier and u must be aware that thier is no ban in Free zone if we finished one year of service, then how i'll get ban. my mgmt not replied yet about my resignation & i'm just setting at home, i would like to mention that i've given one month notice period to them with resignation & i'm not going bcoz they hv instruct me the same.
ma_dxb
visitor

Re: Visa ban after resignation JAFZA

Postby ma_dxb » 07 Jan 2010, 18:29

Dear showarma,

i forget to mention earlier that i changed my agreement manually from 3 years to 2 years, we (i and my Co) agreed fr the same but officially my contract is 3 years as per JAFZA labour card and it will expires with in six months.

i want to know,
1. how i can avoid the ban, is it possible if i get a new job offer from jafza co again
2. how much my mgmt can able to apply ban ( like they have told me they will try for life ban)

thanks again for your soonest reply, have a good time
ma_dxb
visitor

Labour ban after resignation in JAFZ

Postby shawarma » 09 Jan 2010, 09:59

1. If your contract is for 3 years and you resign before that time then officially you are breaking the terms of your contract. You should contact the labour department to see if there's a way to resolve that since you had renegotiated the time period.

2. My understanding is that the UAE labour ban applies when changing sponsors so if an employee remains in the same UAE free zone but with a different employer, then the sponsor doesn't change so a ban doesn't apply.

3. If you find another job in JAFZ then there shouldn't be a labour ban since your sponsor won't change. The JAFZA labour office (or equivalent) should be able to clarify that for you.

4. Employers and sponsors don't implement labour or visa bans in the UAE, the UAE Ministry of Labour and Immigration Departments do that. A sponsor or employer can request a ban as far as I know but I don't think they can instruct the relevant authorities to impose a ban. That's why it's probably a good idea to file a complaint with the labour department if an employer is out of order. There is at least something recorded if an employer later tries to request a ban.
Please use the forum for questions, not the PM system.
shawarma

Return to Visas and work permits for the UAE