UAE Oman visa border fee

Visit visas, work permits, residency visas Abu Dhabi, Dubai, UAE etc. Can I work on a visit visa? Who pays for my work permit? How long is my tourist visa valid for? More ...
Forum rules
Please add a follow up post if you have a question and find an answer. It will help other readers. Thanks :). Links: Visa Dubai | Dubai immigration | UAE immigration | Property visa Dubai |

UAE Oman visa border fee

Postby moore » 26 Oct 2010, 12:23

Hi Just to let you know went over the border on Friday and the cost has gone frone 60 to 200Dhs
must of gone up in the last few days we were suprise of the cost .
moore
backpacker

UAE visa land border fee increase

Postby shawarma » 29 Oct 2010, 16:30

Thanks for that moore. Have updated the Dubai Hatta visa run information.
Please use the forum for questions, not the PM system.
shawarma

Re: UAE Oman visa border fee

Postby pshetal » 21 Nov 2010, 00:09

I did the Hatta visa run today and the cost for a visitor visa for a visitor from UAE has gone up to 200 DHS. If you hold a UAE resident visa cost is 50 DHS.
pshetal

Postby desertsheila » 23 Nov 2010, 12:44

We crossed into Oman at the RAK border on the 17th and I was shocked by the amount of money we had to spend. For a group of four we were charged 140aed to exit the UAE and then 500aed to enter Oman (200aed ea for two tourists and 50aed ea for two residents). 640aed just for a day trip to the Musandam! We thought it might have been an Eid special but the Royal Oman Police website indeed states that it costs 20OR for a tourist visa. Kind of puts me off going there again any time soon. What a rip off!
desertsheila

Postby choprakaran » 28 Nov 2010, 11:04

So this means that if I have a UAE residence I have to pay AED 65 per head to exit UAE and AED 50 per head to enter Oman......
Would appreciate if you could confirm this as I am planning on going to Mussandam this weekend
choprakaran

Postby Mlleafaf » 11 Dec 2010, 17:33

Yes, it's true that the Omani visit visa has gone up to AED200 from AED60. According to the notice on the visa counter, the increase became effective as of 1/10/2009.

As far as tourist visas are concerned, now the Omani visa costs far more than all other GCC countries (Qatari visa, AED100, Bahraini and Kuwaiti approx US$15). This is ridiculous. Hopefully the Omani authority will reconsider this - they should!
Mlleafaf

Postby osborne » 16 Mar 2011, 14:44

pshetal wrote:If you hold a UAE resident visa cost is 50 DHS.

Pl explain why would one neeed a visit visa if one has a Residence permit.... thanks
osborne

Postby Mlleafaf » 25 Mar 2011, 04:11

Mlleafaf wrote:the increase became effective as of 1/10/2009.

Sorry, effective as of 1/10/2010.
Mlleafaf

Postby Chrisnz » 24 Dec 2011, 15:57

Visa run through Hatta was pretty easy. I hold a New Zealand Passport, so I received a 60 days visitors visa into oman for free!
Chrisnz

Postby RedNosedReindeer » 02 Jan 2012, 08:20

osborne wrote:Pl explain why would one neeed a visit visa if one has a Residence permit.... thanks

Oman and UAE aren't the same country.
RedNosedReindeer
traveler

Return to Visas and work permits for the UAE