Immigration visa cancellation problems UAE

Visit visas, work permits, residency visas Abu Dhabi, Dubai, UAE etc. Can I work on a visit visa? Who pays for my work permit? How long is my tourist visa valid for? More ...
Forum rules
Please add a follow up post if you have a question and find an answer. It will help other readers. Thanks :). Links: Visa Dubai | Dubai immigration | UAE immigration | Property visa Dubai |

Immigration visa cancellation problems UAE

Postby catchrafi » 26 Feb 2011, 11:52

Hi, I have not received salary for last 3 months. My sponcer does not want to give me the money and want to cancel asap. He also complained at immigration that i run away and not in touch with the company which is not true. where shall i go and complain in this situation. I worked only 5 months. If he put ban ok but i need money.
catchrafi
visitor

No salary complaint UAE

Postby shawarma » 26 Feb 2011, 13:59

If your salary has not been paid then you should file a complaint with the UAE Ministry of Labour (MOL).

If your salary has not been paid for more than 2 months, then the MOL will in theory allow you to transfer to another employer without the need for an NOC, or giving you a UAE labour ban. And as far as I understand the UAE Labour Law, non-payment of salary is a breach of contract on the part of the employer, meaning you can leave your job without notice. However, in reality, it is probably a good idea to complain about the company to the MOL before you do that, otherwise the company might file a complaint that you broke the contract by leaving without notice, and then it becomes an argument.

Regarding the immigration issue, by contacting the MOL about your salary non-payment, they might be able to assist you with steps required to cancel your visa, otherwise contact the Dubai immigration department helpline to explain what you want to do. But I expect they'll probably want information from the MOL before they'll cancel your residence permit without permission from your sponsor (company/employer).
Please use the forum for questions, not the PM system.
shawarma

Re: Immigration visa cancellation problems UAE

Postby catchrafi » 26 Feb 2011, 17:24

Visa: My visa is private and bataka is in white color issued from Naturalisation and immigration department.
Salary: More than two month salary is pending and when i spoke to the sponcer, he is shouting at me told me "You can go any where(Police, labor or immigration)"
Visa: He has complained that i am missing for longtime, but i have been mailing him for salary every now and then.
Ban: He might also impose a immigration ban on me. If that is the case i can't even enter into UAE.
Sponcer: They are 3 brother's one is working as CID second in court and third in GASCO. They don't want to pay, hence they are pressurizing by giving warnings on telephone.
I always tried to be nice, i don't want any trouble and i want to continue working in UAE.
catchrafi
visitor

Wasta and labour law in Dubai

Postby shawarma » 26 Feb 2011, 17:45

Sounds like they have a bit more wasta than you, to say the least. At least they don't work for the Ministry of Labour. You have several choices then.

1. Go to the Ministry of Labour anyway and hope for fair treatment. Or at least try to phone their helpline and explain everything, then ask them what you should do. Given the wasta involved I can understand you might have legitimate concerns about this, but I don't know if there's any better options.
2. Find a lawyer in Dubai to help with your case, but that's probably going to be expensive. Sometimes legal firms will at least give you an initial consultation cheap or free, and suggest some options.
3. Try filing a court case, but unless you contact the MOL first, and/or hire a lawyer, that's probably going to be a very difficult process, and risky given the wasta situation.
4. Try and figure out what your sponsor/employer wants you to do to be released from their service and play it their way (but I expect that's not going to be anything helpful for you, especially if they simply don't want to cancel your visa).
Please use the forum for questions, not the PM system.
shawarma

want to cancel my labour visa and get new visa but my compan

Postby MAMTA » 01 Aug 2011, 13:53

i am working in a travel agency in dubai from past 06months , i am on labour visa , i came to india on 7th july for my Treatment , and asked my company for more leaves as it was needed, but they refused and said it is better you dont come back, now when i am telliing them that please cancell my visa nd tel me when you want me to come for visa cancellation on my passport they are not replying only, i want to continue working in Dubai , but if they will do like this i cannot travel to dubai anyime....please advice as soon as possible.
MAMTA

Return to Visas and work permits for the UAE