Second marriage in Dubai

Forum rules
Please use the UAE classifieds forum to post ads for jobs, items wanted or for sale, etc.

Second marriage in Dubai

Postby jem tp » 29 Sep 2010, 10:59

hi this is jem, i just wanna ask if its posssible to get married me in dubai? but the problem im married already before my x husband and i we seperate almost 6 yrs and 6 months now. so how it works if i want to get married? coz my x-husband already got family and kids. me and my present boyfrnd are verry fustrated for that matters to how we wll be together be as one. is it possible? what we have to do? and how it works? hope to hear from u thanks
jem^_^
jem tp

Separated in Dubai

Postby sarah » 26 Feb 2011, 13:32

hi,,, iv got same concern as with jem.. i also have a failed marriage , but is now separated, is there a way for me to marry on second time around here in dubai,, could you please advice us what to do... hoping to hear from you...thanks!
sarah

Divorce and remarriage in Dubai

Postby shawarma » 26 Feb 2011, 13:49

I might be missing something obvious here, or not understanding your question properly, but I thought once you had obtained a divorce, you were free to marry again. Well, except for any religious, cultural, or family considerations that might affect things, but I'm talking from a technical point of view with all those considerations put aside, since they are so variable.

However, if you are separated but not divorced, then as far as I know, legally you are still married with respect to any technical issues such as bank accounts, joint ownership of property, beneficiaries in the event of death, etc.

Regarding the divorce procedure in Dubai and UAE, I would suggest start with contacting your embassy in Abu Dhabi or consulate in Dubai - they might handle some of the paperwork, or at least point you in the right direction for a lawyer in Dubai, and other aspects of the procedure. I expect at some point divorce will require a visit to the Dubai marriage court.

See also Dubai marriages for details of how to get married (whether it's the first or subsequent time).
Please use the forum for questions, not the PM system.
shawarma

Return to Residents and visitors UAE