MBA graduate from UK - Dubai management jobs?

Where do I find the best recruitment agencies? How do I find a job? See separate forum for work permits and visas. More ...
Forum rules
Please use the UAE classifieds forum to post ads for jobs wanted or offered. Links: Work in Dubai | Recruitment Dubai | UAE Labour Department

MBA graduate from UK - Dubai management jobs?

Postby gautamhmr » 04 Dec 2007, 11:52

hi everyone,

just joined the forum. keen in knowing about getting management jobs after MBA from UK ( I just finished MBA and planning to relocate to Dubai for some time). Please guide me.....

Regards,
Sanjay
gautamhmr
visitor

MBA question

Postby shawarma » 04 Dec 2007, 11:52

Hello gautamhrr and welcome to Dubai forums. Congratulations on completing your MBA :).

You could try contact one of the employment agencies in Dubai listed on that link. There are many more.

You could also try contacting companies directly to enquire about positions but just firing off CVs randomly is not the best way to do it. Read a book like "What Color is my Parachute" for some ideas about that kind of strategy, and others.

If you have recently graduated, it will be more difficult to find a job. Companies here in Dubai like to see some experience.

Here's some more general information about jobs in Dubai.

It's also more useful if you have topic titles relevant to the question or discussion ;) . Good luck with your search.
Please use the forum for questions, not the PM system.
shawarma

Re: MBA question

Postby gautamhmr » 04 Dec 2007, 11:55

thank you for guidance. Just want to know would it be a wise decision to come to Dubai on visit visa and then find job in that time or not? And what are things to be taken care of while signing a contract with a company? They write about other benefits and all that.....what does it comprise of?

Regards,
Sanjay
gautamhmr
visitor

Looking for work on a visit visa

Postby shawarma » 04 Dec 2007, 11:57

Many people find jobs that way - coming for a visit and looking. Be aware that you're not supposed to actually work while on a visit visa, you need to change to an employment visa.

It's also a good opportunity to see what you think of Dubai yourself.

Things to watch out for with contracts? That could be a whole book 8O ...

Benefits usually include health insurance, accommodation, flights each year. You might also get a car and/or transport allowance, sports and/or beach club membership, furniture allowance. Depends on the job and company. Some just give a salary and nothing else.
shawarma

Re: MBA graduate from UK - Dubai management jobs?

Postby gautamhmr » 04 Dec 2007, 12:01

Thank you for the information provided. Wanted to know also that can i apply for driving license of UAE when on visit visa or not? How much time it takes usually?

Regards
Sanjay
gautamhmr
visitor

Dubai driving license

Postby shawarma » 04 Dec 2007, 12:10

Have a look at this ... Driving license in Dubai
shawarma

Return to Work and employment in the UAE