Far Eastern Private School reviews

See Fujairah schools for Kalba & Khor Fakkan
Forum rules
A school details template is available, if required, for updating information or adding a topic for a new school.

Far Eastern Private School reviews

Postby shawarma » 05 Jan 2008, 23:32

Far Eastern Private School Sharjah - information page.

Add comments, reviews, questions, information to this topic ....

What's it like to study there?
What's it like to teach there?
What are the fees?
What is the salary range for teachers?
About how many students are there?
What is the principal's name?
When was it founded?

FEPS was in the news May 2005 after the sad carpark accident when Shanilla Anita, a grade 2 student, died after being run over. By a driver who said she got her accelerator and brake pedals mixed up (how on earth did she ever get a driving licence - did she just make a lucky guess when she did her driving test :shock: ?)

FEPS also made the news for with a warning from the Ministry of Education (August 2005) for running a Philippine curriculum when they were licensed for an American curriculum. What was the outcome of that? Presumably it got sorted out one way or another.
Please use the forum for questions, not the PM system.
shawarma

Re: Far Eastern Pvt School FEPS

Postby fmp_whispered » 28 Aug 2008, 17:07

What's it like to study there?
It's very fun and exciting to study there, especially the students and the staff are very friendly and accomodating to new and old students. Just like home. ;)

What's it like to teach there?
Uhmm.. I really don't know what your question means, but I think you're saying how do the teachers teach there. The teachers are always giving some updates and they always say that they are free from asking questions by the students and also, they make some funny jokes so we could be awaken from our sleepiness at the classroom.. :D

What are the fees?
The fees..hmmm... let's see, the books, the tuition fee, the school and p.e. uniform, the bus fee and other miscellaneous fees.

What is the salary range for teachers?
I can't answer that.. sorry... I'm really not asking to my teachers of that kind of question, i'm kinda shy y' know.

About how many students are there?
I think.. a thousand of students.
What is the principal's name?
Principal Jocelyn F. Macaspac

When was it founded?
It was founded year 2000

And about that carpark accident, that kid is a close friend and classmate of my brother, and also she's like one of my little sisters. We really cried and I cried so hard that I can't just say anything about it. The bad thing is she'll be the Ms. FEPS on May 3, the coronation night and she died on May 2. She's also one of the top students on my brother's class. Her father is the friend of my father; they both work in the same company and unit. If you want to know about it, just pm me... I'll answer them. :)

Anyway, i'm studying there, so I know many things about myschool. Currently i'm in Grade 7/1st year. If you still want to ask something about the school, don't hesitate to ask! ;)
You give me love. You give me life. But....you took away my money!
Debtors go to hell. Hehehe..
fmp_whispered
visitor

Postby fmp_whispered » 28 Aug 2008, 19:35

About the Curriculum issue, they already fixed the problem and they turned the curriculum into Philippine Curriculum.
fmp_whispered
visitor

Postby shawarma » 28 Aug 2008, 21:35

Hello FMP and welcome to the Dubai school forum. Thanks for all those comments, that's great :).
shawarma

Postby fmp_whispered » 28 Aug 2008, 22:46

You're welcome. :) It's not a problem. :D
fmp_whispered
visitor

Postby shiela_g » 12 Dec 2008, 19:43

I'm so sorry, but i beg to disagree with the comment of fmp.
My children unfortunately were enrolled this year at FEPS due to certain constraints, but i will surely pull them out ASAP.

The students are fair. My children have gained friends in that school, but that's all about it in this school.

The teachers: some have good attitudes but attitude is not enough. Some are not well experienced teachers, some are not even qualified. My nephew's teacher in KG did not finish college and he admitted that to one parent.

I was told by d same parent that a number of teachers are only in visit visa for a long time already. most of them are not holding school visa, they work with no teacher's visa. i was informed by the receptionist who became my friend because she was complaining about her visa. Those with visit visa are often not in school every after end of the month to exit to kish island for as long two weeks and even 1 month. and these teachers exit sometimes together, thereby leaving the students with a lot of free time without even a substitute teacher to take over.

I asked 1 teacher about this, she told me "it's alright ma'am, we do not fail students here because we know it is our fault." What kind of reasoning is that? and this same teacher told me a horrible fact. she told me that the school cannot give them school visa because FEPS does not have a license yet. she told me that the owner knows somebody from the ministry that is why they are still open. and she even hinted that maybe the principal does not have a license yet because of the same reason.

The principal? She is the worst i met compared to other school principals i met in the phils. recently i had an altercation with her regarding some problems in school but before i could talk to her she instructed the receptionist that she is busy but when i went to her office she was only chatting with a teacher and she denied that she instructed the reception that she was busy. but i'm sure she was lying because i saw the face of disgust from the receptionist when i confronted her. and until now there is no action to the concern i told her.

It's always free time. no learning.

The fees? compared to other schools, its a lower. But the books fee are padded more that 100% because i checked the prices of these books from my aunt who happens to own a bookstore in manila.

I knew all these facts just in one day when i have to take the day off to settle my kids prob. just imagine if i'll stay in that school for a couple of days more and talk to other teachers and parents.

I'm not wondering why we parents have the same sentiments and we plan to transfer our children to another school next summer.
shiela_g
visitor

Postby d_flores2001 » 09 May 2009, 20:26

i dont know if this is the right place to post this, but nonetheless here goes. Can you tell me how to find work in this school? i would like to apply for a teaching job. i am filipino and in the philippines. i have been teaching here for quite sometime and i would very much like to try teaching in a different setting. thank you very much and my apologies to the administrator if i have posted this querry in the wrong site.
d_flores2001
visitor

Postby shawarma » 10 May 2009, 04:01

Hello dflores and welcome to the Sharjah teaching job forums :).

If you particularly want to teach at the Far Eastern Private School, then you should contact them directly to see if there are any vacancies and what the application process is. Or try sending a CV and application letter to the head of the school (but double-check with the school that you have the correct name). Here's more information about working in Sharjah, writing a CV, and teaching in Sharjah. Good luck :).
shawarma

Postby d_flores2001 » 10 May 2009, 15:36

thank you very much for the quick reply, i appreciate it very much.
d_flores2001
visitor

Postby manny » 18 Jun 2009, 21:05

shiela_g wrote:I'm so sorry, but i beg to disagree with the comment of fmp.
My children unfortunately were enrolled this year at FEPS due to certain constraints, but i will surely pull them out ASAP.

8-) Hello to all parents of FEPS! I would like to react with fairness to this post. I sense discontentment of this parent but this must not give her the right to post her personal sentiment in ths forum if only she knows some kind of ethics.

First, the issue of her listening to other parents who give negative comments sound to me unethical already. She trying to eavesdrop shows something.

The issue of visa is not a deal, I have my children in school and in our experience they were never left behind unattended. The kids are learning, so I advise you to check your children because it is not the sole responsibility of a teacher to ensure that they are learning well.

The issue of the principal- do not be so mean because as parent there could be a thousand words to describe you too. We have impressive encounter with her, and all those times that we request of her time, she is available, I really do not believe that she can evade dialog. In our assessment of this headmistress, she is accomodating and level-headed who is ready to listen at the same time she is smart and could stand as the frontier of the school. She speaks with wisdom in all the events of the school, were you there? She is firm and strict and we like it for the good of the children. With the long years that I have my kids at FEPS, this principal-Ms. Macaspac is still the best. Correction to the statement that she is the worst. We all went to school, so to this parent, just be careful with your words.

The cost of books issue- take note of the necessary added rate because of shipment and every thing. This could be something you can see in the light of good business and quality education. I have seen how this school had grown in number while other schools are declining in enrolment or closing its doors. So this is an indication that, FEPS is a provider of the educational needs of our children. I have seen how the teachers groom the students as winners in every event, thier passing rates to the different universities back home and other details of students' growth in school as seen in my children. I am satisfied and I salute the whole administration and teachers of FEPS.

If you are not satisfied, then, there are other schools out there for your kids.
manny
visitor

Postby BFF » 06 Feb 2011, 10:47

Feps is all about money. They are only after the money. The students are not learning well because the school is more on projects, programs, free time. Teachers are incompetent so the school is producing incompetent students.
BFF

Postby Concerned Auntie » 26 Apr 2011, 13:40

I'm really disappointed to what I'd observe and felt about this school... My nephew is enrolled to this school for 3 years. Please be reminded that I'm only writing this just because I'm concern of the education of my nephew. Not to mention that they came from a good school in the Philippines and my sister believe that this school(FEPS) can bring out the best in my nephew and can give the best education that he deserve.

On the first year, I already observed problems in some areas of their administration, management and organization of the school. The vision of their school is “FEPS envisions of becoming a globally competitive center of academic excellence and human development by providing holistic quality education in the U.A.E. “. Mission of the school:

As a haven of academic excellence in the U.A.E., FEPS commits in developing God-fearing, academically equipped, and socially upright individuals regardless of race, creed, culture, gender and ethnicity.

Globally competitive – how they can compete globally if even in some small activities they cannot organize properly, no proper dissemination of information, constantly changing the schedule of activities, different information from different teachers, parents are miss lead to whom the problems/information will be ask. Several of the activities participated by some of the Filipino school in UAE, that I've attended and it was so shameful, that I want to change the color of my shirt. The FEPS students are the only one who are not in proper line, chatting, laughing, and even playing the instruments that their using. Other school are very disciplined and well organized. So, I look for some FEPS teachers (maybe they are busy) to tell them that the FEPS students are not behaving well, and I'm surprised when I saw that most of the teachers, admin and the principal was in front of the students. In this kind of activities the main knowledge, skills, and the moral is not just to win the game or to win the contest but to show the product of the education that students learned from the classroom. (FEPS specific Objective C: To let the student recognize that learning is not just confined within the classroom, but it continues in life’s everyday experiences ).If they cannot compete in a small community in a basic competition how they can compete globally?

Center of academic excellence and human development (Academically equipped, and socially upright individuals) – This is the core of the Education. Academically I am not in the position of commenting in this subject. I'm trusting the teachers and I believe that they teach the students in the best of their knowledge, capacity and time. That's why qualifications and concern of the teachers are very important. I hope that the owner, administration/management follows the law and rules of the UAE and the governing curriculum of the DECS. So far academically my nephew is in good tract.

Human Development – This worries me much. In order to achieved Academic excellence, Humanity should be well Developed. Many times my nephew told me that one of the class fight the other class.. from different grades, Some fight like pulling the students down thru the stairs by the other students... This is a big incident Right? What are actions the school had? Is that enough for the student to learn their mistakes?

Activities attended by the parents with limited sits. Some of the students are sitting nicely and didn't even bother that the parents are just standing besides them. Maybe they didn't learn from their home, but how about their 2nd home, their school, did they teach them right? Are the student greet the parents/visitors coming in their school? Are they giving respect to the visitors and the parents? (FEPS specific Objective a.: To provide an education which is developmental and integrative in character )

We always tell my nephew to coordinate properly to the responsible person for some activities, projects and deadlines, But information are confusing... short notice, date change, venue change, dissemination of information are not exact, inter- changeable, confusing. How can the student learn to manage their time, how they can learn to value of time, how can they be responsible to themselves if they cannot be sure of the schedule in a simple activities that they will join. (FEPS specific Objective B:To draw out what is best in the student, in body, intellect and spirit)This are some of the basic things to consider for the human development.

Knowing and Accepting the fact that the religion is not a focus of concern in the most school here in UAE (for this is a Muslim country), Still the School should teach the student about spirituality. As stated in the FEPS General Objective:Far Eastern Private School aims at helping the student to become an intellectually mature and spiritually oriented person of character. It is good that the school has the Islamic Subject for the Muslim Students... But how about the Christians do they have the Catechism in witch the DECS allow to have in most school in the Philippines?

FEPS stated:“The program of Far Eastern Private School focuses on the development of each student’s skills, creativity, positive attitude, and right sense of values in an atmosphere of excellence and creative cooperation”. I watched one of the Litmus activities at FEPS. As as usual... The program takes long time, that all the spectator are wondering how the organizer didn't anticipate the timings of the program. Not to mention that all the programs and activities held during weekdays, well in-fact, since we are expats in UAE, almost all the parents/guardians are working during weekdays. Did the organizer consider this? Does the management/administration talk about this while planning the activities? Program takes long time because of so many awarding, contest held at the same program. Can the organizer schedule the program in such a way that the parents should come only to the specific time that their child will participate or be awarded? Like recognition should be in the morning scheduled as per class/grade with specific time. Awarding of winners for the pre-held competition will be in the afternoon and during night could be the singing contest, battle of the band etc... Parents who's waiting for a 3 mins. Performance of their child should not take a leave of absence and wait from morning till night. Parents are trying to find ways and sacrifice to support their child, their education, spiritual, psychological, and emotional growth.

I been a judge several times in different contest and competitions in the Philippines and here, and a contestant as well. In every competitions whether I'm the Juror or the competitor, I see to it that I maintain the highest standard that I can give. One contest in the Feps I watched, participated by the students. I appreciate the effort of some of the contestants, but for the majority, the standards of a student should have and as well as a standard for being a Filipino, sadly... is not there. Dancers dance as if it is only their 1st rehearsals, as if they are just there and not even playing and their hearts are not into it. I cannot blame the students maybe they are not watching TV to see how the new generation compete. But for the teachers, they should be the guide and the mentor to set the highest standard that they should produce. (FEPS staff and personne: “Far Eastern Private School has a team of amiable, caring and highly qualified mentors with diverse backgrounds bolstered by a professional management team” )

Band competitions... too long time preparing the instruments, still sound is worst. I can't here the 90% of the notes. Singing contest, It shocks me. When all the contestants sings at the opening. They just use 2 or 1 microphone, contestants maybe 15students and sharing for 1 mic. And the funny thing is... they didn't use a “minus one”, and in fact this is a singing contest and the spectators didn't hear the voice of the singers. So the contest begins, contestants are so impressive, for their young age they sing well. But then again the problem is in the system... microphone are not working properly, speakers are with bad quality, and the songs are not playing or interchange to other songs (means it is not well organized and planned). What worst is that they are calling a wrong name for the contestants, again maybe it is interchanged. Remember that the judges has the papers with names with the corresponding numbers. For the duets category, I don't know if the contestants heared the music or they don't mind it, just like a robot sings. Not on the beat, no tempo, no notes and this are from the higher level students (highschool) the standard, the effort is missing only the courage to stand there I saw. For a high school students, in their level they should already established the highest quality standards that they will carry on for the rest of their lives. Is this the level that they learned? Now the Judgement, this I will not forget for the rest of my life. The contestant who won the contest is obviously not the best among the performance, there are 3 more contestant ahead of her (in my opinion), but my point is that the name and the number of the “supposedly” the winner (in my opinion) was interchanged to the one who won. I don't know if after this they fixed the problem but the effect on the student both the one who won and the one who's not. It's very humiliating.

Psychologically speaking it is bad. For the organizer... do you think parents as well as the student will trust? How to encourage them to do their best? So how about the Duets? Who won? Surprised! Even all the contestants didn't sing well, 1 pair won! And this is not a good judgment. If no one comply with the average quality standard, no one should win, or they should repeat the contest in some other time and to fixed the problem... maybe the sound system, microphone... anything.

Sound system, during the public speaking, that the student uses their hands. The school doesn't even had a clip-on microphone or a over head microphone. They just use the regular mic and hung it with a tie. This contest was done every year and the same problem they are facing. Can someone raise this problem to the owner or the admin/management? To have a better quality. (FEPS learning environment:“The program of Far Eastern Private School is conducted in a safe, well designed, and friendly environment conducive to learning, creative work and play”). Recently, I went to the FEPS school for some clarifications that my sister ask me to do. And it was 1pm in the afternoon. I felt so tired so I went to the canteen to buy some drinks. Its good that they have some filipino dishes, but I saw many chips, chocolates, candies, softdrinks and even donuts. I love all this and the children loves this. But is it proper to sell this in the school canteen? This are not healthy food, admit it! Even the municipality allows this, the school should teach the students what are the right foods and a good eating habits. Are FEPS complying to that? Good Eating habits, canteen are so small that only 10 students can use at the same time. One door for boys and one for girls but when both went inside is there any separations? Complying with the municipality? So I learned that the students eat inside the classroom. Is this hygienic? Is this a good eating habits? While eating in a proper place together with the classmates, students can learn so many thing that you can't imagine, with proper guidance. So since then I told my sister to prepare food for my nephew. So after eating, I felt like I want to go to the toilet so I ask the manong in the gate, if I can use the toilet inside, and this is what he told me “ Visitors are not allowed inside”, so I ask again “ So where can I use a toilet?”. And this irritated me a lot! He replied “ there in the nearest gasoline station”... I can't speak to my disbelief. So I went directly to the main office.. fortunately they allow me to use their toilet. Since, it is one hour before the bell I waited for my nephew. I ask the guard where parents can stay, because the school turned the previous waiting area for the parents to a faculty room.

The guard informed me “There is none”. So the parents who is staying outside waiting for her son told me that “the parents doesn't have a place here.” I ask the parent where can we suggest, not to complain, or is there any PTA meeting to tackle some suggestions for the improvements of the school? She said before there is this kind PTA meetings but they stopped it because there is so many complains that the school cannot handle.... What? Is that the solution for the complains? Now I believe so..that... “the parents doesn't have a place here.” The parents...the Parents who bring their child with a belief and trust to their selected school for their beloved child doesn't have a place here. Sad... The parents who's sacrificing everything just to give their child the best education that the child deserved doesn't have place here. Parents who's paying money for their child to have a a haven of academic excellence. FEPS should Remember that the parents are the one who is paying for the child's educations. Every teacher, staff, management, administration and even the owner should give importance to the parents because they are bread and butter of the school, that they are not the impediment of the school. And all parents of each and every child in that school trust each and every school personnel. (FEPS Developmental Partnership “The program of Far Eastern Private School succeeds substantially in the partnership of the school management and the parents in the development of the children.Developmental partnership will enhance and accelerate children’s learning experience)

Then the bell rangs, then again I ask the manong but now at the girls block if I can use the toilet, luckily he allowed me. Unfortunately when I saw the toilet I cant breath, smells so bad, floors are wet, and the worst is, 1st cubicle is with full of blood and sanitary napkin on it, 2nd door its with poo... And no water for the flush! Gosh! how can the students, specially the girls can use this! It was so awful! Can the municipality check on this? My nephew said that municipality are coming to the school to check, that's why the school clean the toilet. And then what after the checking? Please for the Management of the school... Please be concern to the welfare of the students. Not only for the checking of the municipality in order for you to have the permit.

Schools should not be just for the money, it should have the goal to produce and “developing God-fearing, academically equipped, and socially upright individuals regardless of race, creed, culture, gender and ethnicity.” (FEPS Mission). Is it achieved? In this kind of observations from a simple human, can this mission can be achieved? Or does FEPS really trying to achieve this mission?
Concerned Auntie

FEPS : A Good School or Not?

Postby SimpleMom » 02 May 2011, 22:58

Im planning to transfer my son to FEPS as I thought it is a good school, but based on the comments here especially from concerned Auntie, now Im confused, having second thoughts if I still want to transfer my son to this school.
SimpleMom

Re: FEPS : A Good School or Not?

Postby sugestions » 08 May 2011, 15:28

SimpleMom wrote:Im planning to transfer my son to FEPS as I thought it is a good school, but based on the comments here especially from concerned Auntie, now Im confused, having second thoughts if I still want to transfer my son to this school.

The school is ok... Academically speaking, since they are using the Philippine Curriculum. It depends upon the students... maybe... I knew it, because of my children studying at FEPS. But the school should be the one to mold them... Sadly, I agree with concern auntie. There are so many rooms for improvements. I myself also experience that. It's just the way they manage and administer the school is the problem.

Well, still scout for the other Filipino school... I heard TPS is good (The Philippines/pilipino school). If the FEPS will not improve, maybe some of the FEPS students might transfer to the other schools.
sugestions

Postby mommy » 10 May 2011, 16:12

my son want to transfer to another school because he told me that FEPS is all about my which is true.. they are not concerned about the welfare of the student.
mommy

Postby Sugestions » 11 May 2011, 09:43

In my opinion, transferring in another school is not the best option to do. If the child is already adapted to the school, meaning, if he has friends and getting along with them, it is helpful for them to stay than to let them face another stress of copping up with the new school. But if even the students are fed-up with FEPS System then its better for him to move. What is best is to let the FEPS Management/Administration knows what are the problems the students and parents are facing and for the school to act on it...to study and to have better plans to change their unacceptable system. But the question is How can the School knows all of this if they don't have any PTA meetings that they are open for any suggestions and complains? I wish that this discussion will reach the FEPS management.
Sugestions

Postby bff » 16 May 2011, 13:57

to simpleMom, based on our horrible experiences as parents and the level of education they give to our children, I would highly not recommend this school at all. Believe me.
bff

Postby SimpleMom » 19 May 2011, 19:55

bff wrote:to simpleMom, based on our horrible experiences as parents and the level of education they give to our children, I would highly not recommend this school at all. Believe me.

Hi BFF, thank you for your reminder, but Im really confused as I already paid the reservation for my son. But what worries me is the horrible experiences you mentioned. I hope you will find time again to elaborate your comment about FEPS. So I can decide clearly. Are your children still studying there? Please help me decide I know there is no such thing as perfect school but I hope you can comment again and explain more before its too late for me.
SimpleMom

Postby bff » 08 Jun 2011, 12:45

SimpleMom, my kids will be transferred to other school. I cant say anything more.
bff

Postby LOYAL PARENT » 20 Jun 2011, 16:11

I would like to comment on the statements of "Concerned Aunt". If you are really concerned with your niece's/nephew's education here in the UAE, you should have used your ethical mind. Because you are already destroying the name of the school where your niece/nephew is studying. There are only two rules of discontentment in one system: 1. Inform the proper authorities about your complains and concerns; 2. If there are no actions/solutions provided, then, leave the system. If you are educated and well mannered enough you must know these rules. There is always a proper forum for every concern. But I think the statements made by "Concerned Aunt" is already foul and has only objective to destroy an institution. She should know that in this world there is no perfect system. Just like anybody's life. So don't expect the school to be perfect. Even the most expensive and exclusive schools in the world have their own weaknesses.

I am a loyal parent of FEPS because in the 10 years stay of my 3 children in the school, the management has never turned down or not listen to any of my concerns. They are always there to listen and find solutions to each of my concerns. And besides, "Concerned Aunt", never mentioned that she had inform her concerns to the management. So I guess, with my 10 years in FEPS, she is one of those who left the school because 1) her niece/nephew were not given special considerations on fees and 2) her niece / nephew were not already part of the honor students.

With regards to the facilities, I have seen how the school improves its facilities because the management is concern with the welfare of their students. It's not true that the toilets are not clean. You can check it in-between class hours. I have seen that the cleaners are cleaning the toilet right after every breaks.

Another one that was mentioned is about the sound system during programs. Has "Concerned Aunt" watched the last four programs of the school? The programs after the said Musical Program. The sound system of the school is now "high tech", and they are now using the latest sound equipment, the one being used for concerts. Let me tell the new and incoming parents in FEPS, that based on my experience with the school, those who have left the school because they were somehow unsatisfied, had also showed intention to come back to FEPS because they can now compare how accommodating the teachers and the staff of this institutions are. As I have always tell my friends, if they have concerns with the school, go to the proper authority for the actions and solutions.
LOYAL PARENT

Postby Concerned Auntie » 22 Jun 2011, 13:53

As you said you are "Loyal" to the school... loyalty is not enough to improve.... what needed is the concern of all involve in a certain institution (parents, students, reputation of the teachers and even the management). Maybe you are blinded or you just see the beautiful points of the school... I didn't intend to destroy the name of the school where my nephew is studying. I'm waking up the minds of the administration of the school and the people like you. focus on what to improve and not just to justify and reason out. l you should be the one to use your "ethical and logical mind".... If there is someone who give her opinion, don't judge that person, if you are loyal to the school focus on why she thinks that or maybe as you said "Inform the proper authorities about your complains and concerns" and they will listen to you... so tell them.. maybe you are friends with them.... And about your 2nd suggestion :If there are no actions/solutions provided, then, leave the system...? is this a proper way of dealing withe problem?

Excuse me if your telling that "her niece / nephew were not already part of the honor students." Huhhhh... See... Last recognition day at the FEPS auditorium... The parents are happy and excited but became disappointed. WHY? because the Parents who will attend are been ask to pay 40 AED for awardee students and 30 AED for each of the parents, friends or relatives who will attend the said recognition... They said this is for the food...who ask food from them... actually... parents will treat their awardee children in a good or anywhere that their children will love to eat, not to eat cold Hamburger, cold french fries or cold spaghetti/pansit. One of the parent display his disappointment upon registration he is very angry and said that he will not attend the recognition day as well as his daughter to show the management that what they did is wrong and un acceptable... so what the person assigned to collect money did... ignored him and didn't gave importance to him... So what do you think the effect on the parent (for sure he will transfer his child to other school), student ( will be sad because she didn't accept the recognition of her hardship), and to school (another black points for them, reputation is down, and lost another good students that somehow the show will be proud of, and ofcourse, this parent will campaign his friends, relatives and officemates not to enroll their children to FEPS) now who Looses more? Students can be transferred to a not perfect but a better school, Parent will still be proud of his Child... How about FEPS... Lost Good student/s and lost more enrollees. Other parents didn't talk about it during the recognition...why?... because their children are awardee/top ranks and if they will be the one to start the complain their children ranking might be affected. Well not my sister, of-course she tells what she feel to some of the teachers and the account officer... but their answer is '[edit by moderator]non-English text removed, please see forum guidelines[/edit]' with a shameful and a frighted voices.. Maybe frighted to the organizer of the recognition or the administration? Well...I will not write much this time... for I am convincing my sister to transfer my nephew to the other school... and after she transfer....that's the time I will write again...This observation is only half of all.

For "Loyal Parent" Goodluck and maybe someday...When the administration will read and understand each and every complains and concerns...FEPS will improve more. This is not just for my nephew but for all the students and parents of FEPS.
Concerned Auntie

Postby Alexis 137997 » 05 Jul 2011, 07:33

hello, i am going to this school next year,and i was wondering how are the students there grade 8 and 9 and 10 girls?
Alexis 137997

Postby Tinataronas » 24 Sep 2011, 15:56

Hi im planing to enroll my kids here all the post here seems to be old, may i know the status of the school now at present.. Are there good chenges fr before?
Tinataronas

Re: Far Eastern Private School reviews

Postby eykabee » 01 Jul 2014, 12:41

I am wondering why up to now FEPS doesnt mind having an official school website. Mostly if not all, Filipino schools in Dubai and Sharjah have managed to put up their own website.

This will be very helpful to all parents (mostly mommies) especially those moms who are working full-time and are not able to visit the school anytime to ask for updates, information or any queries concerning their child's welfare in school.

I have tried calling several times the school asking for relevant information as my daughter is a transferee from another school in Dubai. Much to my surprise, these admins/customer support who we call "kabayans" are not so accommodating when providing the info you need. If you do not feel like attending to all the queries you receive each day again and again, then I suggest you better start thinking of having a school website where you can post all the school information like Tuition Fees, Admission Requirements, Assessment for each level, etc. to avoid or at least lessen these "repeated unwanted queries" if you may say.

School staff are supposedly approachable, friendly and welcoming no matter how many parents they have to entertain each day. We are not paying the school to get this kind of service and please, at least try being a "Kabayan" if you understand and know such word.
eykabee

Re: Far Eastern Private School website

Postby shawarma » 01 Jul 2014, 18:28

eykabee wrote:I am wondering why up to now FEPS doesnt mind having an official school website.

There appears to be a website up and running at fareasternprivateschool.ae, although admittedly it is incomplete. The previous one became spam a few years ago. See the information page for more details ...

http://www.dubaifaqs.com/far-eastern-private-school.php
shawarma

Next

Return to Schools in Sharjah