Living costs in Dubai

Forum rules
Please use the UAE classifieds forum to post ads for jobs, items wanted or for sale, etc.

Living costs in Dubai

Postby shawarma » 16 Feb 2008, 14:13

Cost of living in Dubai - Dubai FAQ table with estimated costs per item/week/month/year.

Extreme examples such as villas for 20-30 million dhs and Rolls Royce automobiles are not included. Nor is the other end of the scale where some laborers in labor camps manage to save 600 dhs out of their 800 dhs monthly salary.

Suggest here any items (and give costs) that you think are worth including in the table. Or add corrections to values that are already in the table. Thanks :).
Please use the forum for questions, not the PM system.
shawarma

Re: Living costs in Dubai

Postby Imerzack » 12 Nov 2009, 00:29

Great list shawarma, very informative!

I have one question - Gas, as in natural Gas and not gasoline. Is that included in the utilities total? If not does the UAE have gas (I assume so but...) or is it just cooking on electric?
Imerzack
visitor

Postby shawarma » 12 Nov 2009, 01:11

Hello Imerzack, welcome to the Dubai forum and thanks for the feedback :).

Yes, gas means natural gas, not gasoline (usually referred to as petrol in Dubai).

Household gas available and commonly supplied in gas bottles for connection to cookers / stoves. Heating is rare in Dubai houses (I don't even own a heater of any sort for example). Sometimes piped from a central supply for the building I think. Cost is relatively low AFAIK so assume it's included in utilities figures - whatever extra is paid for gas, is going to be offset by a reduction in electricity costs.

Note that you don't usually have a choice within one apartment or villa. It will be either gas or electric cooker, not both. Depending on your rent contract, you might be able to change from one to the other but assume you will be responsible for any costs involved.
Please use the forum for questions, not the PM system.
shawarma

Postby India to Dubai » 18 Oct 2010, 11:23

I try to migate to Dubai from India, Can I able to manage my requirements within 4000 dhirams in a private company. I a middle class batchlor. How much i can able to save & send to india.?
veg. background. kindly guide me accordingly.
India to Dubai

Postby Katalyst » 16 Dec 2011, 02:22

Price for milk should be reduced. For instance Lacnor 4 litre pack is available in AED 13.
Katalyst

Return to Residents and visitors UAE