Top websites Abu Dhabi
Top websites UAE
Hot: The best websites about Dubai
- www.dubaifaqs.com - of course that one is going to be here .
- www.dubai.ae - Dubai government portal. Probably not the best information out there but always a good place to start for government related information. Sometimes information is confusing.
- www.dubaiasitusedtobe.com - someone's made a great effort to collect information and photos about "old Dubai". Absorbing nostalgia.
- www.dmoz.org - Dubai section of DMOZ, a human edited link directory. Good for browsing and there's less chance of clicking on a spammy website. Downside is that it's not very up to date.
- www.dubaitourism.ae - Department of Tourism and Commerce Marketing (DTCM) website - the official Dubai government tourist and visitor information site. A wealth of information, just not always up to date or easy to find.
- www.lonelyplanet.com - great for tourists
- www.timeoutdubai.com - the best place to go for latest events and nightlife in Dubai, with handy movie and restaurant reviews. The print version is much easier to navigate (7 dhs in supermarkets, weekly).
- www.wikipedia.org - Dubai page (English version). A reasonable introduction. Wikipedia has its critics and due to the combination of UAE internet proxy and over-zealous Wikipedia administrators blocking anonymous edits from the UAE, sometimes the UAE pages end up with a higher rate of spam and inaccuracies.
Not: Websites about Dubai you could skip
There are probably more websites about Dubai worth avoiding than there are worth visiting but the point of this is to highlight ones that you're likely to find listed high in search results.
- www.dubai.com - astonishingly, this gets to the #1 spot on a Google search for Dubai. When checked today, most of the links gave page not found errors.
- www.jobsindubai.com (link is to forum topic, not website) - Jobs in Dubai (JID) have been reported as a job agency scam by a couple of newspaper reports, and there are many websites and forum comments from what appear to be numerous disgruntled applicants - search for Jobs in Dubai scam to get an idea
- blog.easyuae.biz - their opening line helpfully says "There's always a need for useful information on the internet but how do you find the good stuff?" Nice. They then go on to helpfully find the good stuff on Dubai FAQ, copy and repost it as though it's their own. Most people call that plagiarism. Oh, and that opening line? They didn't write it, they copied it from the Dubai FAQs about us page .
If you know of a website you think should be in either list, send it as the subject title of a PM to me. Include a description say why it should be included. It will be looked at and considered for inclusion. For obvious reasons, this topic is locked. And if you send a spammy website, or MFA, or similar, you might find it ends up in the not so hot list.