Mashreq Bank

Forum rules
Please use the UAE classifieds forum to post ads for jobs, items wanted or for sale, etc.

Mashreq Bank

Postby shawarma » 04 Mar 2008, 04:11

MashreqBank information on DubaiFAQs.

Page needs updating with current branch list, contact details.

Add your comments about Mashreq Bank here. Good? Bad? Just like any other UAE Bank?
Please use the forum for questions, not the PM system.
shawarma

Re: Mashreq Bank

Postby mykeL » 25 Oct 2010, 06:48

Good Morning!

I had a friend (a expatriate) he was working as a account officer in Dubai UAE. He availed a credit card from Mashreq bank Dubai and suddenly he decided to return back to his country because of some misunderstanding from his boss and a problem arises, he forgot to pay his credits in Mashreq. Now, the bank is sending him a letter say "If he will not pay the credits the bank will confiscate all his assets from his country" It is possible? And the interest now, is very high and I think my friend can't pay that kind of amount. Is their any ways to settle this kind of problem? or Can he pay only the principal amount? Do you have any suggestions or advice that might help? please help my friend.

mykeL
mykeL

Mashreq Bank debt recovery from another country

Postby shawarma » 29 Oct 2010, 16:34

I find it surprising that a UAE bank can confiscate assets in another country. Perhaps an international bank like HSBC can have a try but I would have thought it would at least involve a court case in the other country. Mashreq Bank do have international offshore branches so maybe through them they can try and make a claim.

I'd suggest contacting either a lawyer in the UAE, or better yet, a lawyer in the country concerned.

Also check if the letter really is from Mashreq. If it's by post I guess it probably is but I say that because just recently I've been getting a load of spam or phishing emails claiming to be from Mashreq, but they aren't.
Please use the forum for questions, not the PM system.
shawarma

Return to Residents and visitors UAE