Salik Phase 2

Forum rules
Please use the UAE classifieds forum to post ads for jobs, items wanted or for sale, etc.

Salik Phase 2

Postby shawarma » 27 May 2008, 15:54

The RTA have just announced Salik Phase 2 will be fired up from 09 September 2008 - Al Safa Park Bridge on the Sheikh Zayed Road, and the Maktoum Bridge will be Saliked. It will probably be news of the day in Dubai tomorrow.

Drivers going through both Al Barsha and Al Safa Salik gates on the same journey will only be charged once. Press release didn't say if you could stop for a coffee inbetween.

Apparently their study says since the start of Salik, average speed on the Sheikh Zayed Road has increased from 40 to 80 km per hour. Not in the evenings it hasn't. I wonder how that average is calculated. I don't think Salik made any difference for the 12-18 hours per day when Sheikh Zayed Road is not a car park.

It still seems like a clumsy system. How about you pay once only, anywhere you enter SZ Road?

But speak up! Who uses Salik, and does it mean you can average 80 km per hour to get to work and home compared to 40 km per hour pre-Salik?
Please use the forum for questions, not the PM system.
shawarma

Re: Salik Phase 2

Postby sureshvijay » 22 Jun 2008, 08:50

I suggest to RTA on Salik during weekend they should give the drivers a break just like parking fee.Free to access on SZ Road and free to parking and Free to freedom of Stress in traffic during weekend and holidays.. :roll:
sureshvijay
visitor

Re: Salik Phase 2

Postby alain boy » 07 Dec 2010, 15:38

hello if there is salik on sz road than its the same as before traffic jame and as usual always late to home and so tired as usual
alain boy

Return to Residents and visitors UAE