Sharjah American International School Dubai reviews

Moderator: mcooper

Forum rules
A template is available for updating information or adding a topic for a new school. Links: Dubai schools | teaching in Dubai | Dubai school curriculums | KHDA

Sharjah American International School Dubai reviews

Postby shawarma » 05 Sep 2008, 18:23

Sharjah American International School Dubai - information page for SAIS Dubai campus.
SAIS Sharjah - information page for main Sharjah Campus.

Questions:

When did SAIS Dubai open? September 2005?
Where is it (did not find location map on website)?
How many students for 2008-2009 academic year? Website says 100 students but that may be out of date. KHDA says 210 students which is also probably out of date.
What are fees?
How many teachers?
What is teacher pay package and benefits?

Any comments, questions, reviews from students, teachers, parents about Sharjah American School in Dubai? Add them here ...
Please use the forum for questions, not the PM system.
shawarma

Re: Sharjah American International School Dubai

Postby lindsay » 20 Oct 2008, 19:49

SAIS Dubai opened in September 2005.
It is Al Warqa'a 1 near 3 other schools.
This year this is about 400 students.
There are about 50 teachers.

There seems to be almost no resources for the classrooms. There also seems to be a lot of week, mainly Arabic-speaking students.
lindsay
visitor

Postby nintendo » 26 Aug 2010, 15:41

Teachers' average salary 8000+ housing.
Science is very weak (KHDA rating for Science Department: Unacceptable)
Turnover of teachers is very high ( my child's class changed his English teacher 5 times in a year, and his Arabic Teacher about the same in one Year, many of them were good teachers but fired before giving them chance !)
Classes days are usually Sundays to Wednesdays, Thursdays ( almost every week) are usually for school events, which on the longterm affect sharply the time devoted for learning.
nintendo

Postby Sahar » 21 Dec 2010, 09:51

Hi, My daughter has been studying in SAIS since kg 1 and now she is in grade 1. I have had a very good experience with the school.The premisis is big and impressive, all teachers are holding an american or candian or south african passport even if they are originaly from an arabic descent.My daught has really improved in her studies this year specially.Only issue i have is too much arabic students so mainly in the play ground they speak arabic which is not too accomodating for chidren who dont speak arabic at all. But the staff is very nice and helpfull including the fee structure..and the principal who is very polite. And KHDA over all rating is acceptable..all the rest of the info is not updated in the above posts.
Sahar

Postby Suzie J » 24 Apr 2011, 10:37

Good day fellow students of life

I was hoping to get some more and recent info about the Sharjah American International School in Dubai. Would it be worth my while to send my children there? And can anyone shed some light on the area Al Warqa? What about the teachers there, would you say that they are happy and enjoy their jobs?

Thank You

Suzie J
Suzie J

Re: Sharjah American International School Dubai reviews

Postby meme » 11 May 2011, 12:29

hi
i have my two kids in this school ,after all it is a good school. its just your luck with the a good teacher.
my kids teachers are good . i came from america and my kids english is very good and they mantaind that , however my big problem was with the students there.
most of the students are not english speaking. this somehow effects the language of my kids.
meme

Postby Islam Hosny » 27 Jul 2011, 11:18

My two kids will start there next year, I hope it affect their future education positively..
Islam Hosny

Postby Ladyhawk » 26 Aug 2011, 13:48

I was a teacher there. The kids are okay but the principal believes that unless your Lebanese you cannot teach English. The department does not have one native speaker. Granted 1 in particular speaks excellent English but the rest can barley construct a sentence. The Humanities department has an absentee department head that is only in school on average 2 days per week. The school is under resourced and the teachers get no support. I wouldn't board my pet there let alone send my children.
Ladyhawk

Postby Asheikh » 12 Jul 2015, 21:54

shawarma wrote:How many students?
What are fees?

the school has about 1500 students as of July 2015. Fee structure is available on the school website.
Asheikh

Return to Schools in Dubai