Our Own Indian School Dubai OOIS reviews

Moderator: mcooper

Forum rules
A template is available for updating information or adding a topic for a new school. Links: Dubai schools | teaching in Dubai | Dubai school curriculums | KHDA

Our Own Indian School Dubai OOIS reviews

Postby shawarma » 06 Sep 2008, 13:46

Our Own Indian School Dubai (OOIS) - information page.

Questions:

What are fees for 2008-2009? KHDA website says Our Own Indian School not eligible for fees increase as they had 16% in 2007-2008, although a 90% increase was requested. OOIS website says fees expected to increase.
When was school established? Website says part of GEMS network since 1991.
How many students?
How many teachers?
What is teacher pay scale and benefits package?

Any comments or reviews from teachers, parents, students about studying or teaching at OOIS? Add them here to this topic ...
Please use the forum for questions, not the PM system.
shawarma

Re: Our Own Indian School OOIS Dubai

Postby Ahmeds » 07 Jul 2011, 13:48

Hi,
There is something wrong with this school, they are right now without a Principal, I had my daughter with excellent communication skills join in and now shes even finding diffculties in putting 2 words together, concentration is getting affected and her confidence is alltime low... when spoke to the supervisor, she herself agrees, and told that this school is GEMS lowest teacher salary paying school and hence the standards are very bad. I am planning to bring out my slad from this school immeduiately. A word of advice to all: Stay away from this school, really really pathetic.
Thanks.
Ahmeds

Re: Our Own Indian School OOIS Dubai reviews

Postby Hiten » 16 Aug 2011, 01:22

Hi,

Thanks for your input about the school, can you let me know if you are talking about the OOIS in Al-Quoz?

I am moving to discovery gardens and am looking for a good CBSE school for my son, can you advise me one.

Thanks
Hiten

Re: Our Own Indian School OOIS Dubai reviews

Postby sudha » 13 Oct 2011, 12:48

my son goes to the same school.according to me good and bad depends on the individual student.school definitely has some contribution towards the student but u cannot blame the school alone for the childs development.according to me it is a decent school.
sudha

Return to Schools in Dubai