Teaching in PPP schools Abu Dhabi

Forum rules
A school details template is available, if required, for updating information or adding a topic for a new school. Links: UAE schools | UAE universities | UAE MBA courses

Teaching in PPP schools Abu Dhabi

Postby shawarma » 16 Sep 2008, 11:47

PPP schools Abu Dhabi - information page.

The Abu Dhabi Education Council (ADEC) started an initiative in September 2006 to improve the standard of public education in government schools. Partly prompted by criticism of the education standards, and perhaps also by the statistic that close to half of Emirati families choose to pay for a private school education instead of going for the free government education. An admirable intention but how does it work in practice?

Have you or are you teaching in a PPP school? How is it? Challenging? Rewarding? Would you recommend it?

There appear to be many unsatisfied teachers, at least in the more remote schools, and very few satisfied teachers since the program started. Add your comments and opinions here ...
Please use the forum for questions, not the PM system.
shawarma

Re: Teaching in PPP schools Abu Dhabi

Postby dionne » 22 Aug 2011, 20:31

I have just secured a provisional offer. I will definatley post for you guys once arrived. I think it's definately not a job to take for the faint hearted or those not desperately in need of work. I've ONLY read bad things so far although things DO take time in other countries so may be that some people went in blind or were not desperate enough to MAKE it work.... Redundancy and mortgage calls loud!
dionne

Re: Teaching in PPP schools Abu Dhabi

Postby expiated » 22 Oct 2011, 14:52

I would have to agree with the assertion that some of the boys' schools have an unnerving degree of agressive behavior--more than what you might encounter in a "less pleasant" inner-city school in Southern California. I was shocked by what I witnessed when I first arrived (in the fall of 2010), having never seen anything like it in my 17+ years as an educator in the greater Los Angeles area. (By the way, PPP is quickly being phased out.)
expiated

Return to Education in the UAE