UAE special needs schools
Special needs Abu Dhabi
Special needs Dubai
Special Needs schools in Abu Dhabi (some information from ADCCI)
- Abu Dhabi Autism Center (ADAC*) (or ADCA?) - an older establishment than the NECC Abu Dhabi?
- Abu Dhabi Center For Language And Speech Disorders - tel +971-2-6656222, fax +971-2-6655226, PO Box 5962, email email@example.com, Emiratis only?
- Abu Dhabi Rehabilitation & Care Center for People with Special Needs (ADRCCPSN*), tel +971-2-5824334, fax +971-2-5822366, PO Box 57150, Emiratis only?
- Abu Dhabi Special Needs Club (ADSNC*), tel +971-2-5827665, fax +971-2-5827664, PO Box 74997, Emiratis only?
- Al Khaleej Autism Center / Al Khaleej Center for Austim / Gulf Special Care Centre / The Special Care Center, tel +971-2-6652004, fax +971-2-6652005, PO Box 59815 (correct name not confirmed), Emiratis only?
- Blind Printing Press*, tel +971-2-5827715, fax +971-2-5827713, PO Box 35444 (one assumes this is not a school or educational facility)
- Emirates Autism Centre, tel +971-2-6427557, fax +971-2-6427558, PO Box 37497, email firstname.lastname@example.org, Emiratis only?
- Minors Affairs Care Abu Dhabi (MACAD*), tel +971-2-6459500, fax +971-2-6456326, PO Box 5853, Emiratis only?
- Prince Center Rehabilitation Of Speech, tel +971-2-6415533, fax +971-2-6415534, PO Box 51523, email email@example.com, web pcmc.ae (not available?)
- Stars Special Abilities, tel +971-2-4462049, fax +971-2-4462048, PO Box 127322
- The Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi? The Cleveland Clinic in Ohio, USA has an autism treatment, education, and research center. Will that be extended to their new facility in Abu Dhabi being built in conjunction with Mubadala Healthcare (scheduled to open in 2011)?
- The Future Centre, Abu Dhabi
The New England Center for Children (NECC) signed an agreement in June 2007 with the Health Authority Abu Dhabi to establish the New England Abu Dhabi autism school for Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) children, Emiratis only?
- The Handicapped Abilities Development Centre, tel +971-2-6417996, fax +971-2-6417994, PO Box 109086, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Special Care Centre (SCC), Abu Dhabi - same as the Al Khaleej Autism Centre?
- Zayed Agricultural Rehabilitation Center for Special Needs*, tel +971-2-5835538, fax +971-2-5835358, PO Box 28806, Emiratis only?
- Zayed Higher Organization for Humanitarian Care, Special Needs & Minor Affairs (ZHOHCSNMA?) - tel +971-2-6441177, fax +971-2-6447771, email email@example.com, web zayedhicare.ae (in Arabic only), PO Box 35444, location Al Salam Street, behind Dubai Islamic Bank. Looks after institutes marked with an asterisk (*), and are all assumed to be for Emirati citizens only.
Special Needs schools in Al Ain
- Minors Affairs Care Al Ain*, tel +971-3-7629090, fax +971-3-7629091, PO Box 16224, Emiratis only?
- Al Ain Rehabilitation & Care Center for People with Special Needs*, tel +971-3-7820044, fax +971-3-7820086, PO Box 20113, Emiratis only?
- Al Ain Special Needs Club*, tel +971-3-7820990, fax +971-3-7810770, PO Box 1057, Emiratis only?
- Dar Zayed Comprehensive Welfare Al Ain*, tel +971-3-7679067, fax +971-3-7673072, PO Box 71805, Emiratis only?
Special Needs schools in Dubai
Al Noor Center for Children with Special Needs
Dubai Autism Center
Dubai Center for Special Needs - information
Emirates English Speaking Centre - part of Emirates English Speaking School but closed March 2009, half the special needs students moved to the Elite English School, the other half to other special needs schools in Dubai.
Special Needs schools in other Emirates
Sharjah Autism Centre
Special Needs schools in other towns in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi
- Al Sila Rehabilitation & Care Center for People with Special Needs* - tel +971-3-8721873, fax +971-3-8721513, PO Box 76758, Emiratis only?
- Al Quoa Rehabilitation & Care Center for People with Special Needs* - tel +971-3-7356342, fax +971-3-7356995, PO Box 21755, Emiratis only?
- Giyathi Rehabilitation & Care Center for People with Special Needs (Gayathi / Ghayathi)*, tel +971-3-8741290, fax +971-3-8741268, PO Box 77715, Emiratis only?
- Zayed City Rehabilitation & Care Center for People with Special Needs*, tel +971-3-8846081, fax +971-3-8847473, PO Box 58407, Emiratis only?
Mainstream schools that might accept special needs students
Abu Dhabi International Private School
Al Yasmina School - might accept special needs students?
Aldar Academies - they might be setting up dedicated special needs units
American International School in Abu Dhabi
Horizon School - mainstreams SN children?
General information and help - special needs
Takamul - a special needs initiative, launched September 2006, to help integrate people with mental and physical disablilities into mainstream schools and society. Not clear if it is aimed at UAE nationals only or for all UAE residents.
uk.groups.yahoo.com/group/genesis_autism/ Yahoo discussion group for Genesis - a Dubai based support group for parents, family, teachers, etc of special needs children, especially autistic.
Gulf Autism Day is observed each year on 04 April.
Post last updated 15 January 2009