Friend visa Dubai

Visit visas, work permits, residency visas Abu Dhabi, Dubai, UAE etc. Can I work on a visit visa? Who pays for my work permit? How long is my tourist visa valid for? More ...
Forum rules
Please add a follow up post if you have a question and find an answer. It will help other readers. Thanks :). Links: Visa Dubai | Dubai immigration | UAE immigration | Property visa Dubai |

Friend visa Dubai

Postby shawarma » 25 Sep 2008, 19:07

The Xpress newspaper in Dubai had a report today (25 September 2008) that resident expats could sponsor friends for a visit visa ... if they earn more than 10,000 dirhams per month... according to an unnamed official at the Dubai Naturalisation and Residency Department (DNRD). Previously, the Acting Director-General of the Federal Naturalisation and Residency Department, Brigadier Nasser Al Awadi Al Minhali, had been reported as saying expatriate residents were not allowed to sponsor friends for visit visas under the new rules, only for their spouse or close relatives.

So there's conflicting information depending on whether you listen to the Dubai or Federal visa department? Or are Dubai visit visa rules different from the rest of the UAE? The list of requirements in the report looks the same as for the Friend Visit Visa available before the changes, except the deposit is lower (was 2000 or 3000 dhs I think). Has anyone tried to get a visit visa for a friend since the new visa rules? Successfully? See also ...

New visas Dubai - Table of visas available
Visa Dubai - general UAE and Dubai visa information
Dubai visit visa - different types of visit visas for Dubai

"Expatriates who earn a salary above Dh10,000 can apply for a visit visa for their friends, but only after getting an approval from the officer on duty. The salary should be mentioned on the attested contract, which should be submitted along with the application. Moreover, to get the approval, the applicant has to pay a refundable security deposit of Dh1,000 and furnish a health insurance for the friend which is valid for the visit period," the official said.

Visa for a friend Requirements

• Pre-paid e-form visa application
  • Copy of the sponsor’s passport and residence visa
  • Copy of the visitor’s passport
  • Photograph of the visitor
  • Employment contract of the sponsor in which the salary is shown. The copy to be attested by the DNRD
  • Health insurance valid for the duration of visitor’s stay in the UAE
  • Refundable security deposit worth Dh1,000
  • A Dh15 Empost sticker
  • Additional Dh100 for urgent visa delivery
Please use the forum for questions, not the PM system.
shawarma

Re: Friend visa Dubai

Postby mohd abdul wajid » 10 Jan 2011, 23:12

my monthly salary 1500.but i want visit visa for my girl friend,is must
mohd abdul wajid

Re: Wife visa Dubai

Postby Rahul Kapoor » 17 Aug 2011, 14:30

my monthly salary 1200.but i want visit visa for my wife and i want to bring her along with me after my leave finish. And can i ask a friend to get a visit visa for her while i am in India.
Rahul Kapoor

Re: Friend visa Dubai

Postby Nick_Tomson » 21 Feb 2012, 16:23

Hello there! I'm going to go to my wife in dubai with a child of 5 years. Could you tell me what documents are required to apply for dubai visa? What company is better to apply visa through, since there are many companies that apply visas in Dubai?
Nick_Tomson
visitor

Return to Visas and work permits for the UAE