So there's conflicting information depending on whether you listen to the Dubai or Federal visa department? Or are Dubai visit visa rules different from the rest of the UAE? The list of requirements in the report looks the same as for the Friend Visit Visa available before the changes, except the deposit is lower (was 2000 or 3000 dhs I think). Has anyone tried to get a visit visa for a friend since the new visa rules? Successfully? See also ...
New visas Dubai - Table of visas available
Visa Dubai - general UAE and Dubai visa information
Dubai visit visa - different types of visit visas for Dubai
"Expatriates who earn a salary above Dh10,000 can apply for a visit visa for their friends, but only after getting an approval from the officer on duty. The salary should be mentioned on the attested contract, which should be submitted along with the application. Moreover, to get the approval, the applicant has to pay a refundable security deposit of Dh1,000 and furnish a health insurance for the friend which is valid for the visit period," the official said.
Visa for a friend Requirements
- Pre-paid e-form visa application
- Copy of the sponsor’s passport and residence visa
- Copy of the visitor’s passport
- Photograph of the visitor
- Employment contract of the sponsor in which the salary is shown. The copy to be attested by the DNRD
- Health insurance valid for the duration of visitor’s stay in the UAE
- Refundable security deposit worth Dh1,000
- A Dh15 Empost sticker
- Additional Dh100 for urgent visa delivery