Safa Private School Dubai review

Moderator: mcooper

Forum rules
A template is available for updating information or adding a topic for a new school. Links: Dubai schools | teaching in Dubai | Dubai school curriculums | KHDA

Safa Private School Dubai review

Postby shawarma » 01 Oct 2008, 14:04

Safa Private School information page.

Safa School (or Al Safa School) is related to the Horizon English School, a primary school in Jumeirah-Al Wasl district near Safa Park. The original Horizon School location in Al Safa 1 district, near Jumeirah Primary School, was taken over by Safa School in September 2004 when Horizon moved to its new location.

Update: Safa School moved to the Meydan Rd in Al Quoz in 2012, taking over the building previously occupied by Dubai First School (which closed). The old Safa School location in Al Safa 1 was taken over by the Universal Academy of Excellence.

Safa and Horizon schools have the same owner or owners?

There was a spot of bother in April 2005 with the Ministry of Education and the Dubai Educational Zone - apparently some Safa School students had been registered on the Horizon School register or something, amongst other things. See the Horizon School topic for more about it, and for reviews about Horizon School.

Add reviews, information, comments about Safa School to this topic ...

Questions:

What are tuition fees for 2008-2009?
Safa School website information confusing (they have both 2007-2008 and 2008-2009 dates), KHDA information looks out of date (they say AED 15,000-22,500 for KG1 to Grade 4 for 2007-2008 but that looks like the fees that Safa school were charging for 2005-2006), and they also say a 16% increase in fees was approved for 2008-2009 :| .

Who is the Head teacher?
Mary Turlik (KHDA information - might be out of date) or Jane Knight?

What is teacher salary range and benefits package?

How many students?
Please use the forum for questions, not the PM system.
shawarma

Re: Safa Private School

Postby kenmum » 29 Mar 2009, 22:08

My kids at safa school since 2006 and I feel the school standard is going down even more, the way of dealing with the parents is not encouraging at all and I am thinking of moving my kids to a better school.
kenmum
visitor

Postby MadeinUAE » 08 Jan 2012, 23:31

Hi there Shawarma.. Just out of curiousity where did you source your information on the problems Safa School faced in the past? I'm looking for articles in relation to that subject between Safa and Horizon and cant find any.. Cant decide on a good school in my area.. Thanks
MadeinUAE
visitor

Postby shawarma » 09 Jan 2012, 13:16

Source was a Khaleej Times report, see the Horizon School topic for more information.
Please use the forum for questions, not the PM system.
shawarma

Return to Schools in Dubai