University lecturer salary in Dubai

Forum rules
A school details template is available, if required, for updating information or adding a topic for a new school. Links: UAE schools | UAE universities | UAE MBA courses

University lecturer salary in Dubai

Postby athe » 02 Dec 2008, 19:06

Greetings,
Congratulations to the forum editors, I have found some great information here! However I am trying to find out the salary scales for the university sector in Dubai/UAE. E.g a lecturer or assistant professor would earn how much per month? What would be typically included in a reasonable package? E.g how much salary if housing is included? How much is the salary without housing + rental assistance etc? I gather from the forums etc that having housing included in the package is best given rapidly increasing rents. I not a local, I have a PhD, am a native English speaker and have several years experience teaching at universities in a western country and in SE Asia. I am after a lecturer/assistant prof level type job in a reasonable institution in areas such as information systems, business systems, e-commerce, business communication, digital media, web design.
I have seen the comprehensive information on salaries etc for school teachers (e.g primary/secondary) and would appreciate a similar level of information for university level teachers, if it exists?
Many thanks in advance!
athe
visitor

Dubai university salaries

Postby shawarma » 06 Dec 2008, 14:04

Hi athe and welcome to the Dubai forum :).

I guess you've seen the Dubai university directory. Yes, that needs to be updated with salaries. As a general guide, western educated professors should be able to get a salary somewhere between 15k and 20k dhs per month. A few universities and colleges will pay more than that, there are also some that pay less. Also, lecturers with non-western qualifications will probably be offered less. If you get an overseas contract then you should get accommodation included, or an allowance (which probably won't be enough). This information about teaching in Dubai is mostly for schools but in general it applies to universities and colleges also.
Please use the forum for questions, not the PM system.
shawarma

Re: University lecturer/professor salary in Dubai/UAE

Postby abudub » 05 Feb 2009, 21:23

Go and teach in Ireland where the salary is approximately 50,000euro for teaching with experience.Of course they do take a sun for your retirement.
abudub
backpacker

Re: University lecturer/professor salary in Dubai/UAE

Postby smithageetha » 04 Oct 2010, 07:24

abudub wrote:Go and teach in Ireland where the salary is approximately 50,000euro for teaching with experience.

Hi,

i just want to know the pay scale in dubai
smithageetha

Re: Dubai university salaries

Postby Pradeep nair » 24 Jan 2011, 10:30

Hi,

Could you let me know pay scale for an 9 years experienced professional to teach in bschool in dubai.
Pradeep nair

Return to Education in the UAE